Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
I did in fact buy a 23 GTPE, moving up from a 21 Premium. So yes.
Sponsored

Womps

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E & 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Super
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well Iā€™m not sure yet. Purchased in early November so only winter driving experience so far. Based on that would definitely not buy another one. At -20 we would get as much heat out of our 1970 VW Beatle (air cooled and factory gas heater). i Wish there was an option for us to get more heat at the expense of losing range. If Iā€™m only going say 50 miles and have lots of battery power to make the trip give me heat. This week the MME sits in the garage and Iā€™m driving my F150. Did a Costco run yesterday which is a 50 mile return trip. Nice and warm inside, windows clear and filled up with gas on the way home which took all of 5 minutes. Oh, and a smoother ride than the MME. But I want to experience 4 seasons with the MME.

MABachE131

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT in DMG
Country flag
LOVE my GT. Hate current prices.
I would go get a BMW i4 M50 for cheaper and faster 0 to 60.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Ignoring reality and saying ā€œat least financiallyā€ makes no sense. I need a car to drive. I canā€™t sell my MME today, and wait 9-12 months, with no car, for a new car. So no, Iā€™m not ā€œchoosingā€ to buy it again today. Thatā€™s a silly take. Also, in 10 days many of us will no longer qualify for the new tax credit. Prices of new EVs will stay elevated because of it, and used values may drop because of it. So Iā€™m kinda stuck with the 2021 MME I have for quite a while unless I want to take a big financial haircut.

Iā€™m not complaining. It is what it is. But acting like we could change our minds without costing us anything is absolutely not true.
Itā€™s not ignoring reality.

Itā€™s noting that I canā€™t account for the millions of other reasons and situations that could exist in everyoneā€™s lives here. Of course there are other factors that may make you decide to keep it for now.

No one was stuck with the Mach E for financial reasons.

You CAN change your mind without it costing you anything (or at least you could have this year, those days may be gone).

In fact, many people did sell their Mach Es at a profit this year. So if you donā€™t like it, thatā€™s an option.

Sorry if you think itā€™s a silly take, but itā€™s an old investment saying:

ā€œEach day you choose not to sell youā€™re choosing to buy it again at the current price.ā€

Another way to look at it.

In my left hand I have $65,000, in my right I have the keys to my Mach E.

Each day I continue to own my car, I choose I would rather have the car than the $65k. Why? Because I could probably get $65k tomorrow for my fully loaded 5k mile GTPE.

Last edited:

GrantK

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Select AWD
Country flag
About this time last year I needed to get 2 cars and got the MME (AWD Select with Lux package) and a cheaper ICE car.

I really love my MME, but if I were to do it again I would probably go cheaper on the EV (Bolt, Leaf) and spend more money on the ICE.

satchel prefect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crusty old PHEV
Country flag
What does the EV6 GT get you that the Model 3P didnā€™t offer a few years ago for cheaper?

If the EV6 were larger and better looking I could understand the temptation.
Versus the 3P:
- superior refinement, on par with MME
- lower price
- significantly quicker (+5mph trap speed)
- greater cargo flexibility and ease of loading with crossover form factor versus sedan
- heaps more legroom:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Would you still buy the Mach E today? 1671850893384

Ford Mustang Mach-E Would you still buy the Mach E today? 1671850904431

- instrumentation in front of driver
- more conventional UI: wiper stalk, physical glove box latch, knob-based climate controls, etc.
- longer warranty
- faster dcfc (granted, not as accessible)

EV6 GT is on par with MME in practicality and refinement , ahead of the 3P in performance, and priced like a 2023 CA Rt1.

I still don't understand the "if it was larger" thing. The MME and EV6 the same length and width. The EV6 has a slightly lower roof line, and makes up for it with more interior length for passengers and rear cargo. The extra space between the back seat and the center console is very useful for anyone with a toddler.

As we see in the pictures above, Alex on Autos seems to consider MME and EV6 in the same competitive set, and he's not alone in that.

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
If I would know that Model Y would be discounted at the end of the year I might bought it instead of my '22 CaliRoute 1, but continue to keep my wife '21 MME GT.

I love MME, but always nervous when planning more than 250 miles trip. I do not consider other EVs since I use frunk very often

Amazonkers

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Select, previous 13 Chevy Volt
Country flag
I'd get another Mach E. If they switch to LFP, I'd either get the trim that isn't LFP or a Cadillac Lyriq. I'd miss the frunk though.

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE in Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
What does the EV6 GT get you that the Model 3P didnā€™t offer a few years ago for cheaper?

If the EV6 were larger and better looking I could understand the temptation.
I'm not very interested in buying a Tesla M3 or MY, mostly due to the fact they are now very common. I dislike the single screen as well.

If I could afford a MS Plaid then I'd be open to buying that!

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Versus the 3P:
- superior refinement, on par with MME
- lower price
- significantly quicker (+5mph trap speed)
- greater cargo flexibility and ease of loading with crossover form factor versus sedan
- heaps more legroom:

- instrumentation in front of driver
- more conventional UI: wiper stalk, physical glove box latch, knob-based climate controls, etc.
- longer warranty
- faster dcfc (granted, not as accessible)

EV6 GT is on par with MME in practicality and refinement , ahead of the 3P in performance, and priced like a 2023 CA Rt1.

I still don't understand the "if it was larger" thing. The MME and EV6 the same length and width. The EV6 has a slightly lower roof line, and makes up for it with more interior length for passengers and rear cargo. The extra space between the back seat and the center console is very useful for anyone with a toddler.

As we see in the pictures above, Alex on Autos seems to consider MME and EV6 in the same competitive set, and he's not alone in that.
All fair.

But it seems people are more excited about the performance than the legroom.

And an ugly fast BEV has been around for a while. The 3P is barely faster to 60 and barely slower in the 1/4.

So again, I just donā€™t get it. But thatā€™s ok. They make lots of different cars that appeal to different people for different reasons.

Your list does make the EV6 sound like a better 3P though.

mateo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
I'm getting a Bolt EV soon to replace my other car... Will be a good test to see if I want to keep my Mach-e for an extended period. I love the car, but at 2x the cost it better be nicer!

My only major complaint is really nothing to do with it specifically... Managing medium distance trips in the winter is not fun. In 40F degrees I could get 240 miles of highway driving. In windy 0F degrees around 150. Then add slower cold battery charging on not great public infrastructure and it can be problematic.

If every day range were always 270 then it would be an awesome car...

But given my options for nearly 12k in rebates at time of purchase, I've got no regrets. I will seriously revisit my options after 3 years. If public charging is too big of a hassle on these medium distance trips, then I'd need to replace one of the EVs with a hybrid before then. But I really don't want to do that.

Short version: love the car but maybe I should just move to a warmer climate. šŸ˜

IamIA

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3 & i3s, Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Not patronizing elon musk's business--Priceless!

However, i do think MachE is too low to the ground and too delicate at any sort of off road driving and so back in Feb'21 i placed a reservation for Rivian R1T and am about to pick it up. MachE must go.

DustyShades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD Ex Infinite Blue
Country flag
I think I maybe would get a GV 60 if I were looking today. Didnā€™t exist when I got my Mach e originally. Has some really cool features and faster charging. Also, itā€™s a lot more today to get my same configuration than it was in July of 2021 (before even factoring in x plan and the uncertainty of the tax credit status today) and that may change the math someā€¦.

Still love my Mach e though (and I love blue cruise for commuting, so that would be hard to give up).

Also as a side note, weā€™re buying a second crossover EV to bridge the gap until our R1S comes at some unknowable future date. Right now itā€™s between an ID.4 and a Bolt EUV (not a true crossover I know, but itā€™s so cheap. Hard to pass up as a temporary bridge)

Toreus

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium ER AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Iā€™d probably buy it again, although itā€™s a harder decision now than it was over a year ago when I originally ordered it. The pricing is not as good, there are other alternatives now, the tax refund situation is muddier. I really hate the stiffness of our ride (ER AWD Premium) and the software is annoying (CarPlay, please just connect every time). But all that saidā€¦ itā€™s still a very compelling package. Looks wise, I still donā€™t think thereā€™s a better option in the segment. Storage wise itā€™s also still the best at the price, beating out the Korean offerings that Iā€™d consider as alternatives. Winter range is a problem for most EVs, not just the MME, that hopefully will be mitigated as tech improves. I canā€™t honestly say thereā€™s another car I want more for comparable money (Iā€™d prefer the BMW SUV, but not for an additional 30K)

Gerynant24

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4, SR AWD
Occupation
Design Assurance Manager
Country flag
I would struggle with myself to buy again. I have had a string of problems with the software ending up with having the infotainment unit completely replaced.
all the way through the pain, my dealer has been pretty poor. They just donā€™t seem to know what theyā€™re doing with the software. I still canā€™t get anyone to tell me what software version Iā€™m supposed to have. They even gave me the replacement unit back with an older version of software in it, and omitted to tell me.
the final straw was the help desk admitting that they had no technical training to answer any of my questions.
I love the car, but really, the Ford Aftersales service means I probably wouldnā€™t touch a Ford again.
whether this is different in any other brand, who knows, Iā€˜m left wondering where modern customer service is headedā€¦
Sponsored