Wow, I had to drive a 120K '81 manual rabbit diesel when I got my permit.....

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
How lucky the younger generation is today. My 15 Year old daughter, got her permit yesterday and guess which car she had to drive for her first drive for 1.5 hours..... It had 300 miles on it...... Look at the smile.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Wow, I had to drive a 120K '81 manual rabbit diesel when I got my permit..... 1st drive with Dad
Sponsored

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
How lucky the younger generation is today. My 15 Year old daughter, got her permit yesterday and guess which car she had to drive for her first drive for 1.5 hours..... It had 300 miles on it...... Look at the smile.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Wow, I had to drive a 120K '81 manual rabbit diesel when I got my permit..... 1st drive with Dad
I was thinking a very similar thing today. Even between my kids--not just my kids and me--there has been so much new car technology. The now 18 year old got my 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid which has nothing in the way of automated safety features, and when my 13 year old turns 15.5, she'll probably be in my 2019 RDX Advance with every safety and technology bell and whistle I can think of, including lane keeping. It's really crazy how fast car technology changes in reality when it just feels like it's standing still.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
My daughter is learning on my 21 year old Trans Am,, A Caddy SUV and a Prius! Once I get the Mach E, she will learn on that as well.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I took my driverā€™s license practical exam in my ā€˜79 Trans Am. Brand new car. Non-original 10.5:1 455 under the hood that hadnā€™t yet been broken in. The car jarred to a stop when it hit an elevated seam approaching a stop sign. I got a point off for that. The DMV examiner was a bit wobbly before getting in the car but was in really good shape after the exam.
Sponsored