Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT AWDe and Honda Insight
Occupation
Semi Retired
Country flag
OK, I found this forum early this morning before finally making the decision to pull the trigger on a 2022 ME GT. I checked the forum out for some experiences' comments and made the plunge.

It's been quite a story. So let me start from the very beginning. When they first announced the ME and after watching some YouTube videos about it, I took the plunged and ordered one. Sadly, after waiting for 4 months, I decided to cancel it as I need a vehicle and could not wait any longer.

When I heard recently that the order process is once again open for the ME, I checked it but did not order this time due to the $1500 deposit. I did not want to tie up that money even though it is fully refundable.

So in the last 2-3 weeks, I have scouring local Ford dealers' website and I have come across a number of inventory but every time I would call to inquire about it. they would say that it is already spoken for (ordered). Of course, they all offered for me to place a web order, which I promptly declined. Yes, I know, it is the same way of doing that and hoping to find one that someone ordered and that person backed out.

Well, last Thursday, I called one of my local Ford dealer because I saw an ME GT on their website. I asked the first sales person that answered if the GT was available and to my shock, it was!!! So I immediately told that person that I would be there in 30 minutes to test drive it. Now, mind you, I originally was going to order a Premium and not the GT just for cost savings. So I got there, test drove it, and OMG, I loved it! I told the salesperson I am sold at MSRP, they gave me a low ball estimate to my trade and told them that I will be back this morning to take it.

Of course, once I got in the finance office, they were dicking around and I stood up and told them no, I am walking out. The finance guy ran after me and politely told me they will make it work and they did!

So the stars fell into place and I did not have to wait for a premium ME and got instead an ME GT!!! This car is awesome. It is in the Dark Matter Gray exterior color with the black interior and copper cross stitching inside.

And I haven't even ordered my home charger yet! LOL.

Well, I will post pictures tomorrow. I don't think I have ever been this excited about a car and to luck into one just like that was simply unbelievable.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ReelSweet

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Congrats on falling into one at MSRP.

The charger it comes with should do just fine.

yazoo888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 MDX Tech+SHAWD, 2017 GLE550e, 2021 Mach E
Occupation
Engine..Engineer,
Country flag
Congrats! No waiting and get it at MSRP... Great!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Congrats on your new MME! Color? Options? Pix? 😀🐩

Rob S

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang Ecoboost, 2022 MME GT Star White
Country flag
Congratulations! We took delivery of our MY22 Star White MME GT today Also! Wish we only paid MSRP like you did! Best of luck to you!

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Cancelled order at MSRP? Impossible……

Oh wait……. Florida is safely 2500 miles from California. 😅

babyplex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE, 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance
Country flag
Congratulations on the GT! I have a Ford Connect Charing station for sale if you're looking to purchase one of those!

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Congratulations! I also originally planned on getting a Premium but took over a GT order instead. I love it! You will also!

Now start searching the forum for all the great mods so you can really make it yours...

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
I'm really impressed - I figured to get one at MSRP you must be in the Northeast or North, places where electric vehicles are in relatively lower demand. I would think that EVs are in higher demand in Florida, although given the political leaning of the state, maybe not.

I know you didn't choose it specifically, but the carbonized gray might be my favorite color for the Mach-E. I chose grabber blue for myself and think the front looks absolutely amazing, but the white tail lights are a unique and stunning feature that doesn't look as impressive with lighter body colors. The first MME I saw up close was a carbonized gray model, and both the front and the rear looked amazing.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
Welcome to the family! Looking good!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Congratulations! I also originally planned on getting a Premium but took over a GT order instead. I love it! You will also!

Now start searching the forum for all the great mods so you can really make it yours...
So glad you're loving your GT, Mike!

MachGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Pre-order
Country flag
Congrats on the sweet ride! I've never been a Ford guy, but they sure crushed Chevy with this one.
Sponsored