Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I mean yes, but that still doesn't compare to the car just updating itself while I sleep.
I expect most updates will be OTA. Some of these early packages may be especially large or have special needs to have a battery charger on during the update like 21B02.
Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Most dealers in my area will allow you to drop off your car for service without requiring you to enter the building. You can even pay with your credit card over the phone and pick your car up with contactless delivery. If you search around your area you might find a dealer with similar service options.
Or simply have them pick up the car and return it while you stay at home.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Wrench may get thrown during DCFC Screenshot_20210224-104626_FordPass

sldave84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
Have you actually come across this? We have some here that have a "Session Fee" of $1. But other than that no minimums.
The session fee is what I’m referring to. Would that get reassessed if you went to another stall? Most stalls have two lines so within the same one I’d imagine no difference. I have only charged out in the wild like two or three times. Both locations were ChargePoint coincidentally and I think they were $1 or so like you mentioned, but I thought I remember some of the DC fast chargers I looked up near me having like a $5 or $10 session fee. Either way even being charged an extra dollar because of an issue with the car would be annoying

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The session fee is what I’m referring to. Would that get reassessed if you went to another stall? Most stalls have two lines so within the same one I’d imagine no difference. I have only charged out in the wild like two or three times. Both locations were ChargePoint coincidentally and I think they were $1 or so like you mentioned, but I thought I remember some of the DC fast chargers I looked up near me having like a $5 or $10 session fee. Either way even being charged an extra dollar because of an issue with the car would be annoying
Yeah, in that case you'd get charged another session fee. But I know EA is really good about giving you free charging if you have an issue.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Late May is a little disappointing. I really hope Ford can drastically improve charging on this car. Seems like the weak point compared to other EVs.

sldave84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
Yeah, in that case you'd get charged another session fee. But I know EA is really good about giving you free charging if you have an issue.
Ok good to know. You’d think it would be easy to write an auto refund code in for a second session within X amount of minutes to avoid double charging due to malfunctions

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Ok good to know. You’d think it would be easy to write an auto refund code in for a second session within X amount of minutes to avoid double charging due to malfunctions
I know on Electrify America, All you have to do is create an account and the session fee is lowered to $0.00. The session fee only applies to if you don't have an account at all. The other company that has chargers by me has $1.00 fee no matter what.
Sponsored