WTB off the lot in NJ (or nearby), any recos?

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
This is my first post and I joined the forum after two generations of the Chevy Volt (sold my '17 last month because I got wayyy more than I expected).

Excited for Mach E and this forum. But obviously I've got to get the car first. Seeing some (but not all) of the buying stories gives me bad memories of buying my first Volt way back in '13. I spent more time educating than test-driving.

But 'nuff of that. Two questions:

• Anyone find a decent deal in NJ (or nearby) with a knowledgeable dealer? One who knows Options and doesn't need to go back/forth 10 times to figure it out (already dealt with that). I'll go as far as Maryland/PA/CT for a good shop--but not too far because I don't want to burn all the miles just to get it.

• Anyone have any luck with NJ dealers willing to put a few $$ on the hood to entice a sale today and not make me wait until July 1 after the state reboots its $5K EV rebate? (yes, it's coming back). I think I know the answer to this, but heck I have to ask...
Sponsored

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
This is my first post and I joined the forum after two generations of the Chevy Volt (sold my '17 last month because I got wayyy more than I expected).

Excited for Mach E and this forum. But obviously I've got to get the car first. Seeing some (but not all) of the buying stories gives me bad memories of buying my first Volt way back in '13. I spent more time educating than test-driving.

• Anyone find a decent deal in NJ (or nearby) with a knowledgeable dealer? One who knows Options and doesn't need to go back/forth 10 times to figure it out (already dealt with that). I'll go as far as Maryland/PA/CT for a good shop--but not too far because I don't want to burn all the miles just to get it.

• Anyone have any luck with NJ dealers willing to put a few $$ on the hood to entice a sale today and not make me wait until July 1 after the state reboots its $5K EV rebate? (yes, it's coming back). I think I know the answer to this, but heck I have to ask...
welcome

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag

Welcome, take a look at the NJ posts.

Fullerton Ford, no ADM and takes the XPLAN.

They sold quite a few MME’s, ask for Joe or John. Tell them the Red FE First sale from them sent ya.

XPLAN is as best as you will get, but eventually there could be deals on the lower end models. I’m told those have been harder to sell (the ones they preordered).

good luck and you have the option to order now which will arrive after rebate returns (if)

OP
OP
MachEnation

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Welcome, take a look at the NJ posts.

Fullerton Ford, no ADM and takes the XPLAN.

They sold quite a few MME’s, ask for Joe or John. Tell them the Red FE First sale from them sent ya.

XPLAN is as best as you will get, but eventually there could be deals on the lower end models. I’m told those have been harder to sell (the ones they preordered).

good luck and you have the option to order now which will arrive after rebate returns (if)
Great tips -- really appreciate it. Funny thing is, I'm all-in on the base model as that's the top of my range anyway (1 baby + 1 on the way), so you're giving me hope. Fullerton is a haul, but not too bad. I'll reach out as maybe they have a zero-option base coming in. The base model is a decent value unlike some of these stripped base models from other brands that are lucky to even have seats (*cough* Chevy).

Unfortunately, no X-plan A-plan or any plan for me. However, one dealership offered me $400 off as part of their deal with Costco, which is not nothing for this car--but they were unable/unwilling to do Ford Options and they were 120 miles away (only one in three states that had the Costco deal). I'll poke around the NJ forums too.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
Verner cadby Ford in Fairfield NJ was accepting X plan as of a couple of months ago. I had put a deposit on an MME but would up canceling since it would take some time to arrive and I found another one on a lot elsewhere. If you do go go Verner ask for Kevin, he was knowledgeable and good to work with.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
Great tips -- really appreciate it. Funny thing is, I'm all-in on the base model as that's the top of my range anyway (1 baby + 1 on the way), so you're giving me hope. Fullerton is a haul, but not too bad. I'll reach out as maybe they have a zero-option base coming in. The base model is a decent value unlike some of these stripped base models from other brands that are lucky to even have seats (*cough* Chevy).

Unfortunately, no X-plan A-plan or any plan for me. However, one dealership offered me $400 off as part of their deal with Costco, which is not nothing for this car--but they were unable/unwilling to do Ford Options and they were 120 miles away (only one in three states that had the Costco deal). I'll poke around the NJ forums too.
Just join the Mustang Club of America and wait 90 days so you qualify for x-plan. It is almost 1,000 dollars off so in my mind worth the wait.

Quack2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi
Country flag
Second Tims recommendation for Miller. I got mine there. I’ve bought many cars from them both Ford and Subaru. They are reasonable and easy to deal with. By now they should have all the kinks worked out on Options since they’ve done a few deals using it at this point. If you reach out to Tom Murphy, you can mention Greg with the silver premium. Couldn’t hurt I suppose.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Just join the Mustang Club of America and wait 90 days so you qualify for x-plan. It is almost 1,000 dollars off so in my mind worth the wait.
Best way to go and in NJ it’s over that since they cap the dealer doc fees to $100.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Nelson Minier a manager at All American Ford in Hackensack has been real helpful and easy to deal with......no ADM for sure and I don't know about x plan......I was there last week and they had quite a few for sale......they were not cancelled orders but stock for sale......most were Select models......there are other All American Ford dealers in Paramus and I think Old Bridge (google them), but I know nothing about them......they were selling for MSRP......even without the $5000 incentive, they were selling fast.....good luck......I have the Select model w/the comfort appearance pkg

OP
OP
MachEnation

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks everybody. Been poking around. Unfortunately, slim pickings for a base Select in stock with no options within 50 miles of me. The only one I found the salesperson quoted me some insanely high numbers for a Ford Options deal that didn't match the website estimate at all. Not a good start.

I'll branch out to some of these other dealers mentioned if they have bases in stock. You guys are great!

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thanks everybody. Been poking around. Unfortunately, slim pickings for a base Select in stock with no options within 50 miles of me. The only one I found the salesperson quoted me some insanely high numbers for a Ford Options deal that didn't match the website estimate at all. Not a good start.

I'll branch out to some of these other dealers mentioned if they have bases in stock. You guys are great!
where are you??

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It looks like Miller Ford has selects...

OP
OP
MachEnation

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Joined the Mustang Club of America. Heck, why not. Would like to buy within 90 days, but you never know with the way this is slowly going. I'll update as I make my way through the suggestions.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Joined the Mustang Club of America. Heck, why not. Would like to buy within 90 days, but you never know with the way this is slowly going. I'll update as I make my way through the suggestions.
well, within 90 days should take you passed the July 1 date and maybe the next round of incentives........later rather than sooner may be better......are you near bergen cty??....check out all american (hack., paramus)
Sponsored