WTB off the lot in NJ (or nearby), any recos?

J. Fragale

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Stinger GT2, 17 Vanderhall. 08 Sport Trac Adren
Occupation
Retired teacher
Country flag
This is my first post and I joined the forum after two generations of the Chevy Volt (sold my '17 last month because I got wayyy more than I expected).

Excited for Mach E and this forum. But obviously I've got to get the car first. Seeing some (but not all) of the buying stories gives me bad memories of buying my first Volt way back in '13. I spent more time educating than test-driving.

But 'nuff of that. Two questions:

• Anyone find a decent deal in NJ (or nearby) with a knowledgeable dealer? One who knows Options and doesn't need to go back/forth 10 times to figure it out (already dealt with that). I'll go as far as Maryland/PA/CT for a good shop--but not too far because I don't want to burn all the miles just to get it.

• Anyone have any luck with NJ dealers willing to put a few $$ on the hood to entice a sale today and not make me wait until July 1 after the state reboots its $5K EV rebate? (yes, it's coming back). I think I know the answer to this, but heck I have to ask...
Downs Ford in Toms River, NJ has 6 on inventory list on their site. I saw 4 on the lot today when I picked up my plates. 2- Black and 2- Infinite Blue
I had a great experience with them. I highly recommend them however every buyer has different needs or expectations.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MachEnation

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
Downs Ford in Toms River, NJ has 6 on inventory list on their site. I saw 4 on the lot today when I picked up my plates. 2- Black and 2- Infinite Blue
I had a great experience with them. I highly recommend them however every buyer has different needs or expectations.
Thanks, J. I'll check them out. I'm sitting tight at the moment until I see what's what with the NJ rebate, plus I joined the MCA and am waiting for the X-plan pricing to kick in. I do have a bad feeling the Mach Es are going to start flying off the lots when the rebate starts up.

OP
OP
MachEnation

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
Want to thank everyone for the help. Just grabbed a base shadow black Mach E today!

This was a long road -- waiting for the NJ rebate. Then hoping they wouldn't do a soft cap, which they did. Then, of course, waiting for the actual program to launch. All the while, watching dwindling Mach E inventories.

Almost immediately after July 7 EV rebate launch, started looking for a base select. Really wanted Space White. Got super close to a deal at one dealership and then POOF it was gone. Same thing happened at a few others. No one had anything, or wouldn't call me back to confirm inventory. What's worse, starting seeing ADM at some dealers that didn't have it before.

Found a small not-too-far dealership that had just gotten a shadow black Mach E base. Although it's still another month for my X plan, I figured the $500 wasn't worth waiting for. Called, got a salesperson immediately, showed up -- checked for panels and any dents or miscoloring--especially listened closely for the "buzz" in the panel some mentioned. Nadda. Ok, black a high maintenance color BUT... SOLD.

With NJ $5K + $7500 federal rebate, a base model Mach E is the best EV value in NJ right now. Glad I got one. Sad that I couldn't get my color but actually finding the black a pleasantly surprising alternative stealth look that was not anywhere on my list. The base select wheels are better in person than I thought, at least on the black.

Oh, and the sales experience was super-smooth. Knew the car, knew options, low pressure, and very efficient! Only one small "hiccup" that was quickly rectified.

Ford Mustang Mach-E WTB off the lot in NJ (or nearby), any recos? IMG_8671.JPG
Sponsored