Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
And a ton of EV's on the road. I probably see at least 10-15 a day if not more. Granted, I'm in more of a blue section of the state, but even when I travel through and to the most red parts of the state...EV's all over.
Yeah we are second behind California for EV sales last time I checked. Sooo many Teslas. They outnumber Camrys now.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Am I the only dummy who had to google the word “deleterious,” that was in the bill?

““The proliferation of electric vehicles at the expense of gas-powered vehicles will have deleterious impacts on Wyoming’s communities and will be detrimental to Wyoming’s economy and the ability for the country to efficiently engage in commerce,” the bill reads.”

I don’t agree with banning the sales. But it would seem this is their version of “opting out” of having to build infrastructure to support them.

Makes some sense based on the extremely low population density. But this wouldn’t be the way to go about it.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, one politician, at least. A different type of Florida Man.
Nah, you’ve got him all wrong. He will let people buy what they want, unlike some other states. Just one of the reasons he’s so popular around these parts.

People like options.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
Oh my gosh, the Libs have been owned again!
The really sad thing to all of the "hate" of owning the libs or showing how ignorant the conservatives are is that many politicians are just playing to their base and very little is done other than a pissing match to see who can piss the other off more just to get a cheap laugh.

If the politicians in one State are doing things because another State did like wise with an opposing view, then we should just let the 2nd. Graders in each State run the functions of Gov't.

At least with 2nd. graders, they would not have honed in the hate like the adults and maybe just maybe get something done that would actually help the good of the cause instead of the pocketbooks of a very few.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The really sad thing to all of the "hate" of owning the libs or showing how ignorant the conservatives are is that many politicians are just playing to their base and very little is done other than a pissing match to see who can piss the other off more just to get a cheap laugh.

If the politicians in one State are doing things because another State did like wise with an opposing view, then we should just let the 2nd. Graders in each State run the functions of Gov't.

At least with 2nd. graders, they would not have honed in the hate like the adults and maybe just maybe get something done that would actually help the good of the cause instead of the pocketbooks of a very few.
Too late. The 2nd graders have been in charge for a long time now.

And who have they taught us to hate?

Anyone with an opposing view.

It’s sad. But they figured out the strongest political motivators in this country are hate and fear.

And threatening to force people to do things or threatening to take something away? You get both fear and hate responses.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
Too late. The 2nd graders have been in charge for a long time now.

And who have they taught us to hate?

Anyone with an opposing view.

It’s sad. But they figured out the strongest political motivators in this country are hate and fear.

And threatening to force people to do things or threatening to take something away? You get both fear and hate responses.
You are spot on sir. 👍

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
Nah, you’ve got him all wrong. He will let people buy what they want, unlike some other states. Just one of the reasons he’s so popular around these parts.

People like options.
Nah, I see through him and he's pretty transparent about dictating {silly} things like education, Disney, voting police. And some states/localities have persistent air quality issues that require action and EVs can be part of that. Florida has issues other than air quality, like home owner insurance, going unaddressed.

But I don't refer to him elsewhere as the King Gov FL Man for nothing. Alas, this is a forum about MMEs and not political personalities.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
The real enemy here is the decesivie division of the 2 party system. Imagine if we worked together rather than tear each other down.
It's a nice dream, but no longer a reality.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Florida has a surprisingly solid EV infrastructure plan for the fed money.
Except for north Tama and across the state east-west from yeehaw junction to Tampa

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Except for north Tama and across the state east-west from yeehaw junction to Tampa
I’ll have to look at the proposed map again, but it looked like it covered the current.blank spots

Say Watt

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE (Bought back), 2022 Kia EV6 GT-L, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Retired Electronics
Country flag
“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” ― Upton Sinclair

Wyoming lawmakers propose ban on electric vehicle sales <--link to article 1/16/23

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...makers-propose-ban-on-electric-vehicle-sales/
There is backroom animosity between Wyoming and California politicians. It goes back to when Wyoming wanted to sell power from upcoming wind farms to California. California didn’t want it because they figured Wyoming’s power usage would be offset by coal power. And it was too hard to get kickbacks from out-of-state, non-union companies. (The Anschutz Trans West project is a saga in itself.)

I think this bill is a dig at California banning ICE vehicles despite our crumbling electric grid. Some of the main towers are a hundred years old.

From NPR: “PG&E has been blamed for more than 30 wildfires since 2017 that wiped out more than 23,000 homes and businesses and killed more than 100 people.”

I did a road trip from California to Yellowstone last May. The one Wyoming DCFC I used was a 50kW Chargepoint in the Jackson Hole City Garage - and it was “on the house” courtesy of Jackson. I don’t know if the power was from coal, wind, or buffalo chips but the brew and bison burger was worth the wait time.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.