sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
To ALL: (Someone should sticky this as it gets asked often)

As someone who just used it three weeks ago, I can say all they want is a copy of the membership card as well as the PIN #. There is no further validation needed or required.
Sadly, I don't think that's going to be universally true. Some dealers reserve the right (and very well may) ask for proof of compliance with the 90-day and membership level things. I'd guess that most won't know or care, but not all.

EDIT: Probably especially true now that attention has been drawn to it and dealers are more aware of the requirements now.
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Sadly, I don't think that's going to be universally true. Some dealers reserve the right (and very well may) ask for proof of compliance with the 90-day and membership level things. I'd guess that most won't know or care, but not all.

EDIT: Probably especially true now that attention has been drawn to it and dealers are more aware of the requirements now.
I was saying that all that's needed are the PIN and the CARD during purchase. The membership card has your membership start date on it, I noted that it's 60 days from that date. The dealer can prevent use if less than 60 days at the current time if they want to. At some point if not already the dealer can refuse <90 days if it was formally communicated. We do not know if that took place and it appears some dealers are not caring about the date.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I was saying that all that's needed are the PIN and the CARD during purchase. The membership card has your membership start date on it, I noted that it's 60 days from that date. The dealer can prevent use if less than 60 days at the current time if they want to. At some point if not already the dealer can refuse <90 days if it was formally communicated. We do not know if that took place and it appears some dealers are not caring about the date.
Ok, understood. But I'm worried that some dealers will now start checking for both of these requirements, at purchase, since they might've been made aware:
  • >90 days membership
  • Standard or Digital Member ($35)
Just in case, I'm going to have all of this proof with me when I go in.

PizzaCake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda3
Country flag
The membership card has your membership start date on it, I noted that it's 60 days from that date.
Does your card actually have the start date? Mine only has the expiration date, which may be before I get my car. I know it shouldn't be a problem because they can subtract 1 year to get the start date, but I wonder what happens if I renew and get a new membership card before my car gets here. Maybe I'll need to show them both cards to prove "continuous" membership...

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ok, understood. But I'm worried that some dealers will now start checking for both of these requirements, at purchase, since they might've been made aware:
  • >90 days membership
  • Standard or Digital Member ($35)
Just in case, I'm going to have all of this proof with me when I go in.
Well they are not the same, so let's not confuse folks.

>90 to qualify for the XPLAN is new for all organizations, not just MCA.

Digital member is a cute way of MCA getting an extra $10 for users just joining for the XPLAN.

Dealer knows nothing about what level of MCA you have.

Reactions: SAM

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Does your card actually have the start date? Mine only has the expiration date, which may be before I get my car. I know it shouldn't be a problem because they can subtract 1 year to get the start date, but I wonder what happens if I renew and get a new membership card before my car gets here. Maybe I'll need to show them both cards to prove "continuous" membership...
It has the expire date but forwards or backwards it's the same. I expire 3/21 for example, I am a 12 month member etc. Question is what does a renewal card look like :)

Dealer can figure out if you expire 1/22 you are a not a 60 or 90 day member.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
To ALL: (Someone should sticky this as it gets asked often)

As someone who just used it three weeks ago, I can say all they want is a copy of the membership card as well as the PIN #. There is no further validation needed or required.

Print the pin now, it's valid for one year.

If you are already a member I am not sure why you need to upgrade to digital?

If you are now just signing up to MCA you need to buy the digital in order for your account to be added to the XPLAN eligible list.

https://mustang.org/membership-account/levels/

I am sure the 60 days will be fine for a while until Ford updates which will take time. The membership date is on the card, would be 60 or 90 out from that date. I would think the dealer would have to know about the 60 to 90 change and I can say the dealer is the last to know.

https://www.fordpartner.com

The MCA code is "MC405" if you want to see the incentives and are not a member yet.

Welcome to the CLUB :)

Savings with XPLAN is about ~$750 which also includes the FE - The FE is a PE with the added package.

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 6.01.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 5.58.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 5.57.49 AM.png
Thank you very much for this info! I didn’t know about X-plan pricing so I just signed up At MCA. This forum is awesome.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

Digital member is a cute way of MCA getting an extra $10 for users just joining for the XPLAN.

My intention is to make sure folks are informed before they potentially get burned. It's better to be overprepared than to be underprepared.

According to MCA (I emailed their manager yesterday), these new rules, including the Digital/Standard member requirement, were instituted by Ford, not by MCA. She asked me to take my complaints about it up with them, as MCA is simply passing it along.

It's possible, if however unlikely, that some dealerships will ask for proof of both requirements. Why not have it ready just in case?

aaaeeeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
I emailed MCA asking for a upgrade and got this auto response:

Due to a substantial increase in emails related to X-Plan benefits, please allow 3-4 days for a reply as I am only one person.

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Got this today from MCA:

Ford Motor Company is modifying the X-Plan program for Mustang Club of America members.

Going forward only Standard and Digital members will be eligible for X-Plan.

Additionally, you must have been a member of MCA for a minimum of 90 days before you can use the X-Plan. The latter 90 day requirement is being added for all organizations eligible for X-Plan.

More details as they become available.
This is why I joined the MOMENT I first placed a reservation lol. Been a member since May 2020 :)

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
This is why I joined the MOMENT I first placed a reservation lol. Been a member since May 2020 :)
same here, but I also knew the wait would be months from when I ordered it, so I"m good at 60 OR 90 days. I opted for teh $50 membership because the mustang magazine is quite nice, surely we'll see mach-e content in the future

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
I still can't find any word from Ford on the details of these changes for "membership-based" X-Plan eligibility, such as Mustang Club of America. Somehow MCA has info on these coming changes but there is no update of X-Plan eligibility rules on either the Ford or MCA websites.

Ford rules for X-Plan eligibility have not been updated with any changes:
  • For membership-based partner companies, you must provide a membership card that indicates a 60-day minimum membership.
https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm#proof

Mustang Club of America rules for X-Plan eligibility have not been updated with any changes:
  • All Members receive members-only discounts, including Ford X-Plan pricing on new Ford vehicles. X-Plan pricing is not available on all models. Check with your preferred dealer for X-Plan discounts.
https://mustang.org/about/benefits/

My feeling is these changes may be coming but it is premature to take any action on them until we have the details, especially if it will be a while before your car is delivered.

Musbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Getting error when trying to generate pin. Hoping it's not related to this change and it's temporary since I'm schedule to pick up the car tomorrow!

• Wow
Reactions: ARK

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag

When I printed my PIN paperwork last month, it actually says right there. It requires 60 days of membership to use it. Maybe the new PIN paperwork will be updated to 90.

MachEUser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Just got this email response. Helpful
and no need to upgrade.

MCA members that joined before 3/1/21 at any membership level will be grandfathered in. The 90 rule will still apply.

Sincerely,

Kristie Brown
National Office Manager
Mustang Club of America
Sponsored