First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5, Suburban, CR-V, Sprinter, mach-e
Country flag
Got this today from MCA:

Ford Motor Company is modifying the X-Plan program for Mustang Club of America members.

Going forward only Standard and Digital members will be eligible for X-Plan.

Additionally, you must have been a member of MCA for a minimum of 90 days before you can use the X-Plan. The latter 90 day requirement is being added for all organizations eligible for X-Plan.

More details as they become available.
Sponsored

Rotting Piñata

First Name
Adi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon hybrid
Country flag
When I realized that I hadn't bought my Ford stock in time to qualify for the X-plan, I signed up for the MCA. Their website offered no details about any limitations to qualify for the X-plan, so I felt it safe to join only 6 weeks out from delivery (my MME comes in about 2 weeks). I got my pin right away, so I hope that means I don't have to worry about any new restrictions they enact afterwards. We shall find out.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Was just going to post this. Got the same email

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
When I realized that I hadn't bought my Ford stock in time to qualify for the X-plan, I signed up for the MCA. Their website offered no details about any limitations to qualify for the X-plan, so I felt it safe to join only 6 weeks out from delivery (my MME comes in about 2 weeks). I got my pin right away, so I hope that means I don't have to worry about any new restrictions they enact afterwards. We shall find out.
actually on the page where you check for pricing from the MCA page they had a link on guidelines. THe 90 day change going forward won't affect people already with pins and such.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I am quite sure this had something to do with everyone signing up and grabbing an X-Plan pin for the Mach-E :)
I did get the same email ten minutes ago.
Ford Mustang Mach-E X-plan changes announced for Mustang Club of America (MCA) members 1614695608284

Edit: Also, the key words "Going Forward" imply that it this won't be retroactively applicable to those of us already with a pin.

brockr

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
actually on the page where you check for pricing from the MCA page they had a link on guidelines. THe 90 day change going forward won't affect people already with pins and such.
If I understand the current terms correctly, it currently requires a 60-day minimum membership: "For membership-based partner companies, you must provide a membership card that indicates a 60-day minimum membership."

I got the same email from MCA. Considering updating to be a digital member.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
So if I've been an "Associate" member since December then my PIN won't work when my Mach E arrives in July?

Rotting Piñata

First Name
Adi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon hybrid
Country flag
If I understand the current terms correctly, it currently requires a 60-day minimum membership: "For membership-based partner companies, you must provide a membership card that indicates a 60-day minimum membership."

I got the same email from MCA. Considering updating to be a digital member.
But a 60-day minimum in which direction? When I buy the MME using the pin, do I need to have had the member for 60 days past or at least 60 more days going forward? That's what I could not quite understand from their language. They only sell memberships by the year, so signing up the day you buy your MME will get you 365 days of membership, surpassing their minimum. Right? It was only $25/yr, so I thought it was worth a shot and signing up, even though I was about 45 days out from purchase (not quite 60 and definitely not 90).

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Will this reset the clock on the 60 / 90 days?

Is this still necessary if you already generated a PIN?
Good question, I'm not sure. Also, I just checked, and it seems there's no provision to "upgrade" - we'd have to buy the $35 Digital Membership entirely, which I assume would reset the "subscription" date, but you'd still technically be a member for 90 days.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
But a 60-day minimum in which direction? When I buy the MME using the pin, do I need to have had the member for 60 days past or at least 60 more days going forward? That's what I could not quite understand from their language. They only sell memberships by the year, so signing up the day you buy your MME will get you 365 days of membership, surpassing their minimum. Right? It was only $25/yr, so I thought it was worth a shot and signing up, even though I was about 45 days out from purchase (not quite 60 and definitely not 90).
You have to have been a member for that long by the time you take delivery to qualify. My dealer wanted to check my membership card to make sure I had been a member for at least 60 days.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I would venture to say
Will this reset the clock on the 60 / 90 days?

Is this still necessary if you already generated a PIN?
No it shouldn't, anyone forward that is not a current member needs to signup as digital (+$10). They haven't even updated the MCA rules yet for current members. Prior it was 60 days out from being a member to use the X_Plan, for new members it will be 90 days. Let's assume this starts today going forward, not prior. Not sure why 60 vs 90, what does 30 days change...

See attached.

Attachments

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
on the X-Plan site, still showing 60-day policy. So generate now if you can.

Ford Mustang Mach-E X-plan changes announced for Mustang Club of America (MCA) members 1614697486377

Ford Mustang Mach-E X-plan changes announced for Mustang Club of America (MCA) members 1614697550763