SkyWalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang, Mach-E
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
I was originally worried when I got the email this morning but I joined 1/11/21 and don't have a build date yet, so I should be fine regardless of the 90 day stipulation. But my membership card only has:
MCA #
Name
Expiration

I don't think the dealership is going to care or have the ability to look up your MCA membership level. But I will go ahead and generate my pin at the 60 day (this Friday), just in case. I'm assuming, like others have mentioned, that they will eventually do something to restrict people like putting a membership level on the card and Ford updating their terms to 90 days.
Sponsored

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Of course. I'll be upgrading for $10, just in case. I'm just waiting to hear back from the email I sent, since that seems to be the only way to do it.
I imagine they will be getting a flood of emails now, and I don't think they're equipped to handle it (it seems to be one person responding). I bet another announcement will be forthcoming.

palehorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
Yeah, but even those just checked membership status by looking at the membership card (which doesn't say the level of membership).
If it never used to matter what the level is, then there wasn't a reason to check the level of membership previously.

And don't forget that this isn't just applicable to the tiny number of Mach-E sales the dealership is making... it's going to be anyone who buy anything with the X-Plan through the Mustang Club. Since this is the easiest and least expensive way most people qualify for the X-Plan, I have to figure that they see a decent number of them come through.

photocyclist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
FYI - the nice person behind the MCA Office Manager email address has stated she has over 200 emails requesting upgrades to membership or general questions and asks for everyone to have patience while she goes through them.

" Can you please let them know that I have over 200 emails for this and I am only one person. It will take a couple of days to get everyone taken care of and I ask for their patience. Thanks! "

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
FYI - the nice person behind the MCA Office Manager email address has stated she has over 200 emails requesting upgrades to membership or general questions and asks for everyone to have patience while she goes through them.

" Can you please let them know that I have over 200 emails for this and I am only one person. It will take a couple of days to get everyone taken care of and I ask for their patience. Thanks! "
Yep, she is saying 3 to 4 days now. Poor Kristie.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
I joined Jan 5th, generated my PIN and sent it to my dealer. My build week is still a couple of months out. My PIN and membership card should be enough. I will check with my dealer.

The announcement from MCOA is short on clarity and also says "More details as they become available." Why is there no info from Ford on this change, if it has been implemented? If it is true one can upgrade to "Digital Membership" at MCOA without resetting the membership clock, then I will wait to do so until there are more details, hopefully from Ford.

In the meantime MCOA will be generating lots of $$$ from the announcement they sent out to all their new members who have cars on order.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I joined Jan 5th, generated my PIN and sent it to my dealer. My build week is still a couple of months out. My PIN and membership card should be enough. I will check with my dealer.

The announcement from MCOA is short on clarity and also says "More details as they become available." Why is there no info from Ford on this change, if it has been implemented? If it is true one can upgrade to "Digital Membership" at MCOA without resetting the membership clock, then I will wait to do so until there are more details, hopefully from Ford.

In the meantime MCOA will be generating lots of $$$ from the announcement they sent out to all their new members who have cars on order.
The fact that the Ford website with x-plan guidelines have not been updated yet, makes me think some degree of wiggle room at present. The PIN is good for 1 year, I joined and printed my PIN as soon as I joined, I knew that it'd be months before I got the car so wouldn't be an issue.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
I got the email too.

I have been an associate member for well over a year. I just emailed asking about an upgrade and will be glad to do that.

What is all the talk about a pin #? I had no idea about any of that. I just thought I had to show my membership card at purchase time. I did talk about X-Plan with my dealer and was told they accept it.

If there is an additional requirement, can you please share it with me, so I can do it right now.

Thanks.

Jim
Does you card show the level of association and the time you became a member? Mine only shows my MCA#, name and expiration date. I’m not sure how they would check in the dealer by just checking the card.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
The manager sent me the invoice and I paid the $10 difference.
To everyone waiting -- she's a bit overwhelmed. It's a one-person job, as I imagined.

Ford Mustang Mach-E X-plan changes announced for Mustang Club of America (MCA) members 1614728246546

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Good thing I generated my pin last summer!

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for all the advice. I joined the MCA on February 11, my build date is March 7, and I don't expect to take delivery before mid April, which puts me (barely) beyond the 60-day minimum. Good thing I joined a few weeks ago! I just got my PIN today.

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
I imagine they will be getting a flood of emails now, and I don't think they're equipped to handle it (it seems to be one person responding). I bet another announcement will be forthcoming.
Just sent an email to MCA with a question and got an automatic response that it will take a couple of days to get a response because they are overwhelmed with questions and she's only one person. So, yeah....

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I was originally worried when I got the email this morning but I joined 1/11/21 and don't have a build date yet, so I should be fine regardless of the 90 day stipulation. But my membership card only has:
MCA #
Name
Expiration

I don't think the dealership is going to care or have the ability to look up your MCA membership level. But I will go ahead and generate my pin at the 60 day (this Friday), just in case. I'm assuming, like others have mentioned, that they will eventually do something to restrict people like putting a membership level on the card and Ford updating their terms to 90 days.
To ALL: (Someone should sticky this as it gets asked often)

As someone who just used it three weeks ago, I can say all they want is a copy of the membership card as well as the PIN #. There is no further validation needed or required.

Print the pin now, it's valid for one year.

If you are already a member I am not sure why you need to upgrade to digital?

If you are now just signing up to MCA you need to buy the digital in order for your account to be added to the XPLAN eligible list.

https://mustang.org/membership-account/levels/

I am sure the 60 days will be fine for a while until Ford updates which will take time. The membership date is on the card, would be 60 or 90 out from that date. I would think the dealer would have to know about the 60 to 90 change and I can say the dealer is the last to know.

https://www.fordpartner.com

The MCA code is "MC405" if you want to see the incentives and are not a member yet.

Welcome to the CLUB :)

Savings with XPLAN is about ~$750 which also includes the FE - The FE is a PE with the added package.

Ford Mustang Mach-E X-plan changes announced for Mustang Club of America (MCA) members Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 6.01.50 AM

Ford Mustang Mach-E X-plan changes announced for Mustang Club of America (MCA) members Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 5.58.35 AM

Ford Mustang Mach-E X-plan changes announced for Mustang Club of America (MCA) members Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 5.57.49 AM

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: SAM

SimS

First Name
Sim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Prius, F150
Country flag
Funny thing. My dealer's sales director called me yesterday and wanted to "see a copy of my MCA membership card". Other than that, there was no explanation.
I bought my MME on the X Plan with Ford Opitions last Friday (2/26). And I joined MCA on 1/22/21.
Something must be trickling through FoMoCo regarding newly minted MCA members exercising X Plan discounts on new car sales. The time period restriction is probably an attempt to minimize the loophole leakage.
As for my MME purchase, I don't feel too guilty, I plunked down a deposit well over a year ago and honored my order commitment and purchased the vehicle.
SimS

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
Funny thing. My dealer's sales director called me yesterday and wanted to "see a copy of my MCA membership card". Other than that, there was no explanation.
I bought my MME on the X Plan with Ford Opitions last Friday (2/26). And I joined MCA on 1/22/21.
Something must be trickling through FoMoCo regarding newly minted MCA members exercising X Plan discounts on new car sales. The time period restriction is probably an attempt to minimize the loophole leakage.
As for my MME purchase, I don't feel too guilty, I plunked down a deposit well over a year ago and honored my order commitment and purchased the vehicle.
SimS
I think you're exactly right. What happened in the past may have no bearing on what happens moving forward; obviously, they are changing things. It will probably take a little time to implement those changes, though.
Sponsored