AndrewY

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
There are many threads that reference x-plan discount pricing, but I haven't seen one with clear steps on how to get it. I thought it would be useful to have it clearly laid out, so here it is. (See also https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm)

Note that this is my understanding of it all, but as of today, I have not yet gotten my MME -- that should happen within ~ 2 weeks. I'm presenting "the rules", but some dealers may not follow them strictly. YMMV.

The X-Plan discounting gives a 2% discount bellow MSRP. AIUI all dealers should accept it, but some don't. In order to get the discount, you need to obtain a PIN, which you can get from https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/login.do. However, you also need a Partner Code, and to provide proof that you're eligible to use the partner code. You can get a Partner Code by either (a) being a member of various clubs or organizations, and having been a member for at least 90 days, or (b) being an employee of various companies. A list of eligible companies can be found at https://www.thoroughbredford.com/xplanpricing.html.

One club you can join to gain eligibility is the Mustang Club of America. One year at the "digital membership" level is $35. (I think it used to be $25) If you've ordered your MME, join now, because remember you need to be a member for 90 days and show your membership card to be eligible. (According to the rules -- I have no idea if that's actually enforced by dealers.) There's a prominent link from their site to get your x-plan pin once you join.

If your eligible company uses Passport for their perks/benefits program (multiple large companies do), then you can get your X-Plan partner code by logging into the Passport site and searching for "Ford". That will link to the login page with the partner code, bypassing you needing to enter the code.

If you work for an eligible company that does not use Passport, either search your internal sites, or ask your HR.

Your PIN will look something like P-51-463-22. You can get 2 PINs per year, and each pin is valid for 12 months. They are only transferable to someone within your household, and (at least per the rules), they check addresses to verify household membership.

When you go to the dealer to pickup your car, you'll need to provide the PIN, and proof of eligibility, such as membership card to the organization (also showing 90 days of membership), or your work ID, W-2 or paystub; a business card is not sufficient.

The key takeaways here are the links, and that if you're planning to get the discount through club membership, make sure you have that 90 days. 2% doesn't sound like much, but depending on options, that could be almost $1400, which could be several accessories, floor mats, air mattresses, a tow hitch, or other favorite add-on. I hope this helps.
Sponsored

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
I generated a pin before heading to my dealer, gave them the pin and a copy of my Mustang club membership card and they took care of the discount for me, I believe I saved a little under $1200 on my GT.

geftsnowball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E, Grabber Blue, Premium AWD ER
Country flag
For anyone curious what happens when you have a Mustang Club of America code, it looks like this (at least for me as of right now).

After entering a partner code.

Window of acknowledgement:
Ford Mustang Mach-E x-plan how to (start early) 1662682921839

Choose Ford or Lincoln (omitted):
Ford Mustang Mach-E x-plan how to (start early) 1662682967630

View pricing and incentives, rules/FAQ, generate your PIN:
Ford Mustang Mach-E x-plan how to (start early) 1662682990999

This is what Pricing and Incentives looks like:
Ford Mustang Mach-E x-plan how to (start early) 1662683011592

Clicking the Mach-E link, note the 0000 Zip Code, you'll put your own and these numbers may change (or not):
Ford Mustang Mach-E x-plan how to (start early) 1662683028168

Clicking on the Trim link shows more details (select in this case):
Ford Mustang Mach-E x-plan how to (start early) 1662683051916

Clicking on PINs:
Ford Mustang Mach-E x-plan how to (start early) 1662683349244

Aaand, that's as far as I'm going to go but hopefully informative for anyone wondering what it all looks like.

As @generaltso noted, 2023 is not in the dropdown for year here, only 2022.

Probably not helpful for much if this is the first time you're hearing about it and getting a 2023.

SV8T

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler 4xE HA/Range Rover Sport SVR/Audi A7
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
Thanks for the info! I am an employee of a member partner and am able to get a pin. To take advantage of the X plan pricing, do I need to just let the dealer know or would I have had to bring it up at the time of order?

Also, they are selling to me at $3,500 below MSRP. Would you see any problem with them honoring XPlan on top of this discount? Curious if the dealer takes the hit on XPlan or if Ford reimburses them the XPlan discount?

Thanks in advance!

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Thanks for the info! I am an employee of a member partner and am able to get a pin. To take advantage of the X plan pricing, do I need to just let the dealer know or would I have had to bring it up at the time of order?

Also, they are selling to me at $3,500 below MSRP. Would you see any problem with them honoring XPlan on top of this discount? Curious if the dealer takes the hit on XPlan or if Ford reimburses them the XPlan discount?

Thanks in advance!
If you have an agreement , in writing, at $3500 below MSRP, thatā€™s better then x-plan. In your case, I think asking for x-plan will reset your price and youā€™ll pay more.

I donā€™t know if the x-plan discount comes out of the dealerā€™s pocket. What x-plan does do is limit the dealer fee to $100 maximum.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

Thanks in advance!
Clearly you don't understand what X-Plan is.

SV8T

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
You're exactly right, that's why I asked.

SV8T

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
If you have an agreement , in writing, at $3500 below MSRP, thatā€™s better then x-plan. In your case, I think asking for x-plan will reset your price and youā€™ll pay more.

I donā€™t know if the x-plan discount comes out of the dealerā€™s pocket. What x-plan does do is limit the dealer fee to $100 maximum.
Thanks for the info. I have a great deal on the car already but just started reading more on the plans and options now that it's scheduled for production. Trying to get up to speed before it arrives - still have a month or so.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Thanks for the info. I have a great deal on the car already but just started reading more on the plans and options now that it's scheduled for production. Trying to get up to speed before it arrives - still have a month or so.

I think we'd have to see how you are getting the $3500 below MSRP. Are they credits from some other things like state rebates/Options?

Are you just referencing A plan or some of the Ford employee ?-plans?

If it's other stuff, then I don't see why you can't stack stuff on in addition to x-plan or other Ford plans.

Also, I'd bring it up to the dealer ASAP (I did before I would even order). I don't think dealers are required to take X-plan and it's good to be upfront so there are less surprises since for most/all of us, we've already been waiting 6+ months. If a dealership doesn't support any plan, you're out of luck at this point.

Dealers aren't taking any hit and gets reimbursed from Ford (dealers as a whole group don't work that way, if Ford isn't taking the hit, you can expect they won't neither...one reason for the 2022 Select C/T package issue for orders moved to 2023 . Almost no dealer will eat the cost to upgrade a customer I don't think on their own...they don't make 'that' much on new cars already).

Last edited:

SV8T

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
Admittedly, I don't know how the discount is being applied - there's no state rebates in MN. I went back to them on the last day of the month/quarter and told them I was going with a cross town rival. He sent me the below quote so I had something in writing and I placed my order with them. He did say it wasn't dependent on any particular financing plan or even financing with them.

I'm not one to be greedy but if I qualify for XPlan and the additional lowered cost of the XPlan pricing doesn't affect the dealer, I think it's probably worth asking them about it. Just trying to learn a bit from others with similar experience before inquiring at the dealership - thanks!

Ford Mustang Mach-E x-plan how to (start early) 1662728696442

ADDZ71

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER AWD (sold) 22 MME GT (Del 5/22)
Occupation
Lithium expert
Country flag
One item not mentioned is that Ford employees can also share a X-Plan pin with others. I received an X-Plan PIN from someone I know who works in corporate. I think they have a limit to how many they can give to external people but I have obtained 3 that way over the last 18 months.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
One important point is that x-plan will not be available for the 2023 Mach-E.
This is sad news. Hopefully itā€™s only for MY2023. Did they pull F150 lightning from X-Plan as well?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
This is sad news. Hopefully itā€™s only for MY2023. Did they pull F150 lightning from X-Plan as well?
F-150 Lightning never qualified for x-plan. That's actually the reason Ford gave for removing it from the MME.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Admittedly, I don't know how the discount is being applied - there's no state rebates in MN. I went back to them on the last day of the month/quarter and told them I was going with a cross town rival. He sent me the below quote so I had something in writing and I placed my order with them. He did say it wasn't dependent on any particular financing plan or even financing with them.

I'm not one to be greedy but if I qualify for XPlan and the additional lowered cost of the XPlan pricing doesn't affect the dealer, I think it's probably worth asking them about it. Just trying to learn a bit from others with similar experience before inquiring at the dealership - thanks!

1662728696442.png
You canā€™t get X plan AND a discount. Itā€™s one or the other. There also isnā€™t X plan on 2023 models anyways (assuming you havenā€™t taken delivery yet).

And $3500 off is better. Take that deal. If you can. Did your order get switched to a 2023??

This almost looks like how people bought cars 3 years agoā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ negotiating thousands off MSRP.

Maybe this means thereā€™s more ā€œwiggle roomā€ in 2023 pricing. It also helps youā€™re not in California.