X Plan on Lot Cars?

NJDevFan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium ER, '19 Highlander Hybrid
Country flag
I have always been under the impression that if a dealer participates in X plan, they can’t pick and choose - it’s all or nothing. But I’ve been wrong before.
2nd this. That was my understanding as well.
Sponsored

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
When i bought mine back in March 2021, i called maybe 30-40 dealers in the greater NYC area. Two were willing to honor x plan for cars they had on the lot - one in suburban NJ, and one on Long Island (which i ultimately purchased from).

I'd imagine it's even less likely you'll find a dealer to honor it now, but call everywhere and maybe you'll get lucky

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You would fly/drive over 500 miles to save $750? Guess some peoples time isn’t worth very much.
If you get one at x plan, the savings would be much more than $750, especially since the alternative is paying ADM (which can be thousands of $$ above MSRP)

OP
OP

JD_UGA09

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback Now, Mach E Soon!
If you get one at x plan, the savings would be much more than $750, especially since the alternative is paying ADM (which can be thousands of $$ above MSRP)
True. But if I could find one at MSRP on a dealer lot without X-Plan I may just buy it instead of waiting god knows how long over the somewhat minimal X-Plan savings between MSRP and X-Plan pricing.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
True. But if I could find one at MSRP on a dealer lot without X-Plan I may just buy it instead of waiting god knows how long over the somewhat minimal X-Plan savings between MSRP and X-Plan pricing.
Yeah definitely don't go out of your way for x plan. But in my experience (again, back in March 2021) it's not like they had tons of cars sitting on lots at MSRP.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
You would fly/drive over 500 miles to save $750? Guess some peoples time isn’t worth very much.
Ha ha sorry, I should mention that my trip wasn’t just for xplan. I wanted a Grabber Blue First Edition. And I found one. At xplan. Boom.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I have always been under the impression that if a dealer participates in X plan, they can’t pick and choose - it’s all or nothing. But I’ve been wrong before.
What gave you that idea?

I’ve seen this line from dealers repeated here dozens of times, and my dealer said it as well, “we only do X plan on ordered vehicles.”

And some dealers don’t do x plan at all on Mach Es. There’s entire threads dedicated to the lists of dealers.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
What gave you that idea?

I’ve seen this line from dealers repeated here dozens of times, and my dealer said it as well, “we only do X plan on ordered vehicles.”

And some dealers don’t do x plan at all on Mach Es. There’s entire threads dedicated to the lists of dealers.
It has been stated several times on this site that a dealer cannot pick and choose which cars it offers X-plan on.

A couple examples:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-get-x-plan-pricing.4369/post-154897

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/dealer-shaky-on-x-plan.7924/post-209515

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
What gave you that idea?

As I understand it, the distinction is that the dealer cannot choose which model of cars to selectively apply X-Plan to. If they accept it for orders of one model, they have to accept it for orders of all models. My dealer told me they wouldn't accept X-Plan on Mach-Es but would accept it on any other vehicle. When I asked them to send this to me in writing (so I could follow up with Ford Corporate), they changed their answer and said they would accept X-Plan on my ordered Mach-E.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
What gave you that idea?

I thought I read it here on this forum. But I went to the fordpartner.com faq page, and it does state “if the dealer agrees” relating to inventory. Not the first time I’ve been wrong!

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
It has been stated several times on this site that a dealer cannot pick and choose which cars it offers X-plan on.

A couple examples:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-get-x-plan-pricing.4369/post-154897

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/dealer-shaky-on-x-plan.7924/post-209515
I see what you’re saying, and not sure they’re “allowed to or not,” but the reality is they do pick and choose.

There are many many examples of the same dealer giving X plan to one person, MSRP to the next and an ADM to another.

Each purchase price seems to be its own negotiation.

And while x plan on orders is common, x plan on cancelled orders seems extremely rare.

Also for the dealers that don’t do x plan on the Mach E, they may still do x plan on less popular models (explorer etc).

Only thing Ford seems to say is it’s up to the dealer.

Here are the full terms and conditions, but all I see is that it is optional. Let me know if I missed anything:

https://www.jdemmerford.com/ford-x-plan-official-rules.htm

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Many dealers are not offering X-Plan on lot inventory.

The Lightning pickup has no X-Plan period, per Ford, not dealers. Many are upset by that.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
My understanding is that, per the X-Plan rules, X-Plan is available only on specific vehicles that are ordered by the customer (Ford specified which models and trim levels are eligible for X-Plan pricing). If a dealer has a vehicle in their inventory that is eligible for X-Plan pricing, as I understand it, it’s up to the dealer whether they choose to sell it at X-Plan. They are not obligated to do so.

YFD_233

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Durango RT,
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
How much different is Xplan to MSRP?
Sponsored