X Plan on Lot Cars?

JD_UGA09

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback Now, Mach E Soon!
Hi everyone, first post here. I’ve been reading for a while and I’m planning to pull the trigger on a MME in the next couple of months.

I have access to X-Plan and I’ve had a few dealers tell me they’d gladly honor it on an ordered MME, but I’m wondering what the likelihood of finding a dealer truly is who would honor it on an in stock vehicle. I am willing to fly somewhere and pick one up, within reason (500 miles or so). I’m located in Nashville.

Just would love some guidance on whether I should give up on the idea of finding one on a lot and getting X-Plan (or even just sticker price with no ADM). I’m fairly flexible in terms of color and trim level.

thanks!
Sponsored

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E AWD
Country flag
Hi everyone, first post here. I’ve been reading for a while and I’m planning to pull the trigger on a MME in the next couple of months.

I have access to X-Plan and I’ve had a few dealers tell me they’d gladly honor it on an ordered MME, but I’m wondering what the likelihood of finding a dealer truly is who would honor it on an in stock vehicle. I am willing to fly somewhere and pick one up, within reason (500 miles or so). I’m located in Nashville.

Just would love some guidance on whether I should give up on the idea of finding one on a lot and getting X-Plan (or even just sticker price with no ADM). I’m fairly flexible in terms of color and trim level.

thanks!
Back in November, my dealership was willing to give me sticker price over using the X Plan pin. I had title issues with my trade in, so I had to wait till I had my title for my trade in. I went back two weeks and they barely had any vehicles and marked me up by 3k. I asked about the X Plan and they said the same about honoring a order. These dealers don’t want to use the X Plan cause they barely get any new cars.

I would say, try to make a deal and bring up the X Plan and try to get something off as a courtesy.

OP
OP

JD_UGA09

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Back in November, my dealership was willing to give me sticker price over using the X Plan pin. I had title issues with my trade in, so I had to wait till I had my title for my trade in. I went back two weeks and they barely had any vehicles and marked me up by 3k. I asked about the X Plan and they said the same about honoring a order. These dealers don’t want to use the X Plan cause they barely get any new cars.

I would say, try to make a deal and bring up the X Plan and try to get something off as a courtesy.
Thanks. Honestly waiting to see what my bonus is in March (ha!) and then I’ll probably start blasting out emails to a lot of dealers with in stock cars and see where I end up.

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. Honestly waiting to see what my bonus is in March (ha!) and then I’ll probably start blasting out emails to a lot of dealers with in stock cars and see where I end up.
I’m hoping by March, maybe you’ll see some 2022 models popping up at dealers. That was something I was thinking about when I purchased mine.

OP
OP

JD_UGA09

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m hoping by March, maybe you’ll see some 2022 models popping up at dealers. That was something I was thinking about when I purchased mine.
There are some 2022s in Texas, Illinois and Michigan already. I was thinking along the same lines though, with Ford saying they’re going to significantly increase production. Would prefer a 2022 because range has gone up a little but if I can find a 21 Premium that someone would happen to sell at a reasonable price, I’d do that.

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There are some 2022s in Texas, Illinois and Michigan already. I was thinking along the same lines though, with Ford saying they’re going to significantly increase production. Would prefer a 2022 because range has gone up a little but if I can find a 21 Premium that someone would happen to sell at a reasonable price, I’d do that.
Really? I know they had some 2022 GT models but I haven’t seen Selects or Premiums. I still can’t seem to find any YouTube videos about Non GT 2022 builds. And yeah that would be a steal to get a Premium. I have Oct 2021 build, curious to see what’s different with the 2022 model.

OP
OP

JD_UGA09

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Really? I know they had some 2022 GT models but I haven’t seen Selects or Premiums. I still can’t seem to find any YouTube videos about Non GT 2022 builds. And yeah that would be a steal to get a Premium. I have Oct 2021 build, curious to see what’s different with the 2022 model.
They may all be orders, but there are 40 select and premium 2022s showing up on Autotrader right now. This is the only one with photos:

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/2520F5C7

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I got mine at x-plan off the lot, but that was about 10 months ago. And I had to call over a dozen dealerships and ended up flying about 500 miles to drive it home. It’s unlikely in this market but if you make enough phone calls who knows?

OP
OP

JD_UGA09

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got mine at x-plan off the lot, but that was about 10 months ago. And I had to call over a dozen dealerships and ended up flying about 500 miles to drive it home. It’s unlikely in this market but if you make enough phone calls who knows?
I’m going to give it my best effort when I start doing it and exhaust all options. A 500 mile drive home sounds like a fun adventure in a new car too. We shall see…

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I’m going to give it my best effort when I start doing it and exhaust all options. A 500 mile drive home sounds like a fun adventure in a new car too. We shall see…
You would fly/drive over 500 miles to save $750? Guess some peoples time isn’t worth very much.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I have always been under the impression that if a dealer participates in X plan, they can’t pick and choose - it’s all or nothing. But I’ve been wrong before.

OP
OP

JD_UGA09

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You would fly/drive over 500 miles to save $750? Guess some peoples time isn’t worth very much.
I’m fortunate enough to have the airline points and vacation time. But if it was only $750, idk, I’d probably buy one locally if I could find one.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You may find Selects with X-Plan, but not Premiums on a lot.

OP
OP

JD_UGA09

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You may find Selects with X-Plan, but not Premiums on a lot.
I’d be fine with a Select as long as it had the comfort/tech package and the aero wheels. Just not sure how many dealers order that way.
Sponsored