Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
FYI -
Xcel's Colorado division has received approval for their Electrification Plan. It includes rebates for EV purchase for low income customers and possibly some rebates for new EVSE installations in your home.

https://mach-e.org/members/patrick/activity/544/
Sponsored

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
FYI -
Xcel's Colorado division has received approval for their Electrification Plan. It includes rebates for EV purchase for low income customers and possibly some rebates for new EVSE installations in your home.

https://mach-e.org/members/patrick/activity/544/
Interesting. Wonder if they will do something similar in Minnesota since we are trying to be like California and our Governor is attempting to create new EV laws.

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Interesting. Wonder if they will do something similar in Minnesota since we are trying to be like California and our Governor is attempting to create new EV laws.
In Colorado, it was required by the legislature for them to come up with something and have it approved by the Public Utilities Commission.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
In Colorado, it was required by the legislature for them to come up with something and have it approved by the Public Utilities Commission.
Nothing like forcing an industry to do the right thing!

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Residential TOU tariffs are coming this year as well. These could be a real benefit for people who are willing to be a bit more efficient in the afternoon peak hours, but have high night usage (EV owners). https://www.xcelenergy.com/billing_...ll/residential_rate_plans/time_of_use_pricing

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the total impact (made difficult because there is no single location where Xcel reports the all-in price of their electricity - it is all a base cost + 10 modifiers that you have to research individually), but it could be advantageous to both PV system owners (particularly if their system is W or SW facing) and EV owners (who will use a lot of night electricity).

In my case, my electricity usage is set to more than double as the result of buying an EV, so I'm looking carefully at this.
Sponsored