BillysBalloon

First Name
Justyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium ER AWD, 2016 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
In anticipation of my upcoming Mach-e delivery, I just had my home charger installed by my local energy utility here in MN, Xcel.

With the new "EV Accelerate at Home" program they started this month, I'm renting a ChargePoint Home Flex from them for $16.48/mo, and offpeak charging will only cost $0.028/kWh 12a-6a! Installation was an extra $240 since I didn't already have an outlet installed.

Figured I'd pass this info along for anyone else here living in the Twin Cities. I'm not sure if they're offering the program in other states they serve, like CO.

Now, where's my car? ;)
Sponsored

Ajax

First Name
Ajax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue 4x Extended
Country flag
Looks good!

I'm in MN as well. How long did it take Xcel to get the charger installed from start to finish? I have a panel in my garage but no 240V and I'm thinking of buying the charger instead of renting, unless folks here think it's a better idea to rent.

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
In anticipation of my upcoming Mach-e delivery, I just had my home charger installed by my local energy utility here in MN, Xcel.

With the new "EV Accelerate at Home" program they started this month, I'm renting a ChargePoint Home Flex from them for $16.48/mo, and offpeak charging will only cost $0.028/kWh 12a-6a! Installation was an extra $240 since I didn't already have an outlet installed.

Figured I'd pass this info along for anyone else here living in the Twin Cities. I'm not sure if they're offering the program in other states they serve, like CO.

Now, where's my car? ;)
you will have it paid for in 3.5 years! Just in time to upgrade

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag

Now, where's my car? ;)
They just had their plan approved in Colorado at the end of 2020. I should use the world "plan" in quotation marks because it lacks a lot of details. I contacted them for more info and they hope to have that by the Spring. Oh wait, it's spring now.

Their overall plan they approved in CO is supposed to include some off-peak charging discounts, rebates for home EVSE installation, and some rebates for the purchase of an EV with higher rebates for low income families.

kdukart

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Pac Hybrid, Mazda CX-5, Suburu Outback
Country flag
I signed up too and it was installed Monday. Still waiting for the car too although I have a pacifica hybrid as well.

MnSparty38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Reviving an old post, just ordered my Mach-e. Arrival I’m guessing Sept. Xcel customer.

thoughts on the program? Buy or lease? Expected price adjustments with Xcel rate increase?

still debating this program, run a 50a from panel myself (electrician) or installing a new sub panel. Also debating since I’m also thinking of going solar in the next 2 years.

https://ev.xcelenergy.com/ev-charging-programs

jcloudm

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE GT PE
Country flag
I bought a chargepoint but xcel reimbursed the electrician installation cost. They’ll give me $25 a year if I let them limit the charging schedule.

OP
OP
BillysBalloon

BillysBalloon

First Name
Justyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium ER AWD, 2016 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
I've been on the program for a year now without any problems. The big benefit IMO is that your EV charging is automatically separated out from your bill without having to get a separate meter or having your whole house switched to time-of-day rate changes. From their website, it seems like being a solar customer makes things more complicated, so keep that in mind.

Reviving an old post, just ordered my Mach-e. Arrival I’m guessing Sept. Xcel customer.

thoughts on the program? Buy or lease? Expected price adjustments with Xcel rate increase?

still debating this program, run a 50a from panel myself (electrician) or installing a new sub panel. Also debating since I’m also thinking of going solar in the next 2 years.

https://ev.xcelenergy.com/ev-charging-programs
Sponsored