XM Preset weirdness - is it Ford or XM that I complain to?

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
So strange. This has been happening forever - but has become more frustrating since 4.1.2 update (2021 Job 1 Prem AWD Ext Range). My XM presets either don't stay in the place I saved them, they duplicate themselves, and now some even play a DIFFERENT station than the preset indicates! The first row of presets seems to stay consistent, but it's a crap shoot after that.

Anyone know who to complain to? Is it Ford or XM that is responsible?
Sponsored

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have had that happen with a couple of stations, I preset them and then all of a sudden I am listening to Sinatra or something else. Crazy. Hasn’t happened in the last few weeks but just usual gremlins from Ford. At least that’s my take

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
I have random stations that no longer work I save it and it works for a few days and then it still has the station name but takes me to XM preview. I like you don't know who to complain to. Seems to happen to only certain channels. I am curious if they are streaming ones vs satellite.

Mockey313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E.
Country flag
Sounds like an UI problem. I would start with Ford. Is it happening with other audio sources? (FM Radio)

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Mine does this every few months. Resetting SYNC doesn’t fix it.

It does seem to correct itself after a while. Happened again yesterday.

At the same time yesterday it refused to connect to CarPlay as well.

It seems to go to a really random preset. And yesterday, it even would go to a DIFFERENT station than it showed on presets (click laugh USA and it goes to Seriously Senatra).

Ford Mustang Mach-E XM Preset weirdness - is it Ford or XM that I complain to? 0B541077-1179-49CF-A187-85817A4C475D

Ford Mustang Mach-E XM Preset weirdness - is it Ford or XM that I complain to? 7958EE69-A337-487E-AA2F-0D0DE586BE03

Ford Mustang Mach-E XM Preset weirdness - is it Ford or XM that I complain to? C538B9D8-3E81-419E-A969-DBD3E6A8B5D0

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Update: I think this is happening when the car is updating.

Yesterday I got 4.2.3 and presets are fine.

This isn’t the first time my presets or other connections were buggy…….then that day or the next a new update showed up.
Sponsored