Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Awesome! Mine has XPEL Ultimate plus on the entire front bumper, headlights, and mirrors. I skipped the hood and fenders, but I sorta wish I had them covered, too. Couple tiny rock chips on them.
It looks completely invisible. No complaints.

1621039406646.png
Awesome getting mine done in 2 weeks... full front end $2.2k

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Ok so I got a full car PPF and it is normal that you have to go back and get small fixes done when doing the full car. I was advised before going to pick up the car that in 3-4 weeks I would have to go back so for those that got it done, make note of what you see and schedule a return visit. I have no contaminents but some small bubbles and a bit of peeling on one panel but this normal since doing a whole car is hard.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ok so I got a full car PPF and it is normal that you have to go back and get small fixes done when doing the full car. I was advised before going to pick up the car that in 3-4 weeks I would have to go back so for those that got it done, make note of what you see and schedule a return visit. I have no contaminents but some small bubbles and a bit of peeling on one panel but this normal since doing a whole car is hard.
Agreed, my guy is too busy for his own good. I’m waiting for him to actually fix my issues.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agreed, my guy is too busy for his own good. I’m waiting for him to actually fix my issues.
Mine was also, it was a friend of mine who has a body shop that got this guy who is one of the best in my province so I am going to try and book him in advance. It took the guy 4 days to do my car.

Eosin

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
I considered having Xpel on the whole car, but the pictures and advice that it needs brought back a few weeks later for fixes is not going to fly. I'll probably just stuck to the front portions of the car most prone to rock chips. My appointment is in 2 weeks.

I won't spend a few thousand on xpel only to have it bubble and peel a couple weeks later. Nowhere in Xpel's promotional info does it say this should be expected. In fact, it says quite the opposite.

Hopefully someone chimes in with reports of full Xpel coverage without any bubbling, peeling, or repairs needed to show that it's not normal to have all that happen as soon as you get it home.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I considered having Xpel on the whole car, but the pictures and advice that it needs brought back a few weeks later for fixes is not going to fly. I'll probably just stuck to the front portions of the car most prone to rock chips. My appointment is in 2 weeks.

I won't spend a few thousand on xpel only to have it bubble and peel a couple weeks later. Nowhere in Xpel's promotional info does it say this should be expected. In fact, it says quite the opposite.

Hopefully someone chimes in with reports of full Xpel coverage without any bubbling, peeling, or repairs needed to show that it's not normal to have all that happen as soon as you get it home.
Its only a one time touch up after. Its from the heat. Once that touch up is done you wont have to go back.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag

A lot of times the little bubbles will go away after the car bakes in the sun a few days. If they don't then you can go back and they can fix them. It's usually just a little water trapped from the installation process.

It is not an ongoing thing that happens.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Let me tell you though, I just washed it for the first time and its worth every penny just for the amount of time I just saved. Rinse with pressure washer at lowest level, foam gun wash, rinse, clean windows, Done. Didn't even touch the car.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Let me tell you though, I just washed it for the first time and its worth every penny just for the amount of time I just saved. Rinse with pressure washer at lowest level, foam gun wash, rinse, clean windows, Done. Didn't even touch the car.
It's even easier than that. Just get the XPEL bottle of spray wash, spritz and wipe down, done.

Despite some containment's which can only be seen up close, I still like it.

Mediarunner7

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Audi A5
Occupation
System Administratir
Country flag
Are you doing any other types of graphics for the car? I ordered a rapid red and would be interested in striping.

e-pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Extended Star White
Country flag
Our first ever Ford Mustang Mach-E visited our XPEL install shop in Austin, TX.

We were able to recorded the vehicle's dimensions, so now we can print exact measurements of film with our DAP system to fully wrap, or wrap individual panels, on Mustang Mach-E in any of our paint protection film, at any of our certified XPEL install locations.

The owner of this Mach-E opted for our ULTIMATE PLUS paint protection film and wanted the entire car wrapped to protect against paint damage from rock chips, scratch marks and dead bugs. You can't even tell it's wearing a wrap! Another satisfied customer!

161987784_2085947614881076_7776891458084730222_n.jpg

162756621_2085947604881077_6362987225922665357_n.jpg

162505119_2085947611547743_5422751946253194479_n.jpg
Our first ever Ford Mustang Mach-E visited our XPEL install shop in Austin, TX.

We were able to recorded the vehicle's dimensions, so now we can print exact measurements of film with our DAP system to fully wrap, or wrap individual panels, on Mustang Mach-E in any of our paint protection film, at any of our certified XPEL install locations.

The owner of this Mach-E opted for our ULTIMATE PLUS paint protection film and wanted the entire car wrapped to protect against paint damage from rock chips, scratch marks and dead bugs. You can't even tell it's wearing a wrap! Another satisfied customer!

161987784_2085947614881076_7776891458084730222_n.jpg

162756621_2085947604881077_6362987225922665357_n.jpg

162505119_2085947611547743_5422751946253194479_n.jpg
Dear Xpel, Great. But Please tell us that at least the Hood and the two front top sides adjacent to the Hood are designed to Wrap Around edges? I have a white mme ordered; edge wrapping could avoid visible dark dirty ppf edges as well as Chips on the edges.
Thx

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
Dear Xpel, Great. But Please tell us that at least the Hood and the two front top sides adjacent to the Hood are designed to Wrap Around edges? I have a white mme ordered; edge wrapping could avoid visible dark dirty ppf edges as well as Chips on the edges.
Thx
Good installers wrap wherever they can. I got 5 quotes, I think, and they state that on the quote. It isn't always possible on every edge, but many, including the entire hood. Talk it over with the shops you're considering.

I'm no expert, but looking at my car, if I didn't know it had PPF on it, I wouldn't be able to tell. Except in a couple of years when there aren't any rock dings in the hood.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
On my car the edges are wrapped over. Only places you see the edge is the side view mirrors and the roof section of the trunk lid. The rest including the fenders are all wrapped over.

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Considering XPel for the front, headlights, side mirrors and front of hood. Is there any risk with interference of the radar behind the front bumpr?

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Considering XPel for the front, headlights, side mirrors and front of hood. Is there any risk with interference of the radar behind the front bumpr?
No risk, I’m fully done and no issues at ok with radar.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.