Yes, Virginia, charging is different depending on where you live

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Just completed a long weekend trip to western Indiana to visit a relative with our 2022. First trip since the recall software update. They had never been in an EV, got to see what it could do. Took their son out separately (he didn't go on the side trip). Top speed at one point was 105. Several WOT. No issues.

BlueCruise performed pretty flawlessly as I've posted before. Charged at their place with 120v, got the expected 1kWh per hour. Fast charged 4 times (2 on way down, 2 on way back), and level 2 charged at a restaurant.

As I've said before, our experience at chargers is that rarely do we encounter one other vehicle, often no other. Charged twice on the Ohio Turnpike, 3 days apart, and we were the only vehicle. Charged twice in Lafayette, Indiana, which has only two 350s, two 150s. 2 other vehicles were there on a Friday afternoon, one departed soon after we arrived. On the way back, we were the only one charging mid-morning on a Monday. We've never been to a full location, and this was the closest we've ever got.
Sponsored

sainttail

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Bay City Michigan on a weekend. (Yes, that me on the side waiting for someone to clear out, just took 5 minutes)

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yeah go to the Novi, MI EA charger on the weekend (Walmart parking lot Novi Rd off of I96/I696). It will be filled up with Mach-E's LOL. There might be a Bolt or a Rivian there too.

jbooth

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit, Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Bloomington-Normal has been full on us a couple times. We also got line-jumped by an Audi there, but the next stall opened quickly so it didn't become "a big deal". Also I didn't catch which of the two pulled up after us so I wasn't sure who to yell at.

It doesn't help that Illinois outside of Chicagoland is a charging desert. There's EAs in Rockford, Bloomington-Normal, Effingham, and Springfield. Oh and apparently there's one nearish the quad cities, and in Mount Vernon, and of course stuff in St. Louis (but only one in Illinois).

There's nothing CCS >50kw in Lesalle-Peru, Kankakee, Champaign-Urbana, Peoria, Decatur, Danville, ...

Glen Boise

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Indiana has only 5 DCFC's charging faster than 100 kw. All located to serve interstate travelers. Hopefully, this will change in the coming years as the new Bi-Partisan Infrastructure Law kicks in.

motown moproblems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium E4X AWD DMG
Country flag
We did Detroit<>Bloomington recently. Really wish there was a DCFC option in Fort Wayne so we could go that way instead of through Ohio. Our hotel had a Tesla charger, so with TeslaTap we could depart with 100%, which worked great (as did BlueCruise).
Sponsored