uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
So yesterday I was invited to go drag race a rivian with my Mach E GT PE.

Kyle from Out of Spec lives in my town and is doing a review of a Rivian and wanted to drag race all the other EV's. He asked me if I was willing to put my GTPE up against it. I said yes!

First off that Rivian is FAST. Second the 5s limiter on the GTPE kinda sucks :( and 3rd I think the top end speed of the mach e is higher than the rivian.

So in the end I didn't win :(

But it was fun :)

Keep an eye out for the video on YT.

FTR my setup on the MachE was Nokian winter tires, unbridled mode with traction control turned on. The weather was below freezing. The car was at 100% at the start of the race.
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Can’t wait to see the video! Looks like quite the lineup of EVs out at the runway. Glad to hear it was a lot of fun and thanks for representing!

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
The Rivian walked a GTPE? What is this world coming to?
It’s supposed to be 0-60 in between 3 and 3.5 seconds. Quad motor setup with 835 HP. It’s like 7,000 pounds though or something crazy like that.

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
Nick,

Fill in the rest of the GTPE owners some more info. I should get mine in a few weeks and have wondered if the 5 s deal would annoy me....

How bad did the 7000 lb Rivian kill the GTPE?

OP
OP
uncle_0gre

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
It wasn’t as close as I would have hoped. But I went into it thinking the 835hp and almost 1000ft/lb torque Rivian would win.
I was maybe 20ft behind?

And the distance of the drag race was somewhere in the range of 1200”. I don’t remember the specifics

I honestly felt that I was reeling in the Rivian at the end. But I didn’t look at my dash when I crossed the finish line so I don’t know my top speed. :(
Sponsored