TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As in Europe lots of MME-owners won't have a automatic garage door or gate, can it also be used for something different? Although I do not have any clue yet ;)
Homelink works to control a variety of devices, like smart plugs, security systems, etc. At one point we programmed one of the buttons to turn some lights in the house on/off.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
HomeLink's web site shows compatibility with a broad list of remote-controllable products in Europe: https://homelink.com/home/welcome

That said, we don't yet know if HomeLink will be included in the production Mach-E. It's been shown in the pre-production vehicles and also on the renderings on Ford's web sites. So it probably is included, but we won't know until we all get access to the final product specifications.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Why don't you start a new thread :
"Nobody Likes Me"
"I Can Not Take Critizem"
Actually, you will be much more interested in the other thread I am going to start: "fantasies about pretend pictures of imaginary cars, and why Ford can't compete with them"

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Well I sure hope so. HomeLink has been an aspirational car feature for me. I've wanted it since the early 2000's, but not badly enough to spend $200+ for it. Instead, I'll now pay almost as much as I've paid for all the vehicles I've ever owned, combined, and maybe Ford will throw in HomeLink as a token thank you. ;)

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
You. mean like the +$50,000 Model Y that has no homelink? Despite that I do think the ME will have it. If not it will be as big a mistake for Ford as it is for Tesla.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Early delivery reports of Model Y indicate that it is not included as standard but as an option.

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Actually, you will be much more interested in the other thread I am going to start: "fantasies about pretend pictures of imaginary cars, and why Ford can't compete with them"
Please just drop it. Get back to what we talk about. Yes you had a bad
moment but we all do at times. Please don't keep this up as you will
only upset yourself. Show everyone you can handle things and be a better
man. So you and all of us let's move on to a better day.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
You are missing the point. You said you’d ‘guarantee’ the Mach E would have it because it’s a $50,000 car and I pointed out another $50,000+ car that doesn’t have it. This isn’t conjecture, the Model Y does NOT have it and those that have gotten deliveries are confirming it. Worse, the earlier Tesla ordering website showed it would have it. To get it, you must bring your new Model Y to a SC and pay for an upgrade.

So shifting into a ‘I don’t use it anyway’ mode has nothing to do with the fact that you’re wrong that a $50,000 car will most certainly have it. It is absolutely no guarantee of anything. So let’s not spread false information, there’s enough of that out there.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Not technically. It was represented to many Model Y pre-orderers that Homelink was included in their orders (there are forum discussions about folks who have screen shots of their build with Homelink listed, but the vehicle showing up without it).
With the Model 3, Homelink was included as part of the premium interiors until May 31, 2019, when Tesla announced it would no longer be included but could be purchased for $300 on the Tesla site for service center installation.

However, I agree that it's stretching speculation to say there's any reason to think Ford will drop it from the Mach-E when Ford includes it most new vehicles, and Ford specifically talked at launch about how Homelink was controlled from the buttons on the sun visor. I don't see any reason to speculate that they might drop it now.
Sponsored