Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
You guys realize that drawing was a guess on what it might look like, drawn by someone not associated with chevy right? I would buy the batmobile instead of the mach e, but it is no more real than that electric camaro drawing.
Doesn’t really change the points we made does it? We’re commenting on the picture... nothing more.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Doesn’t really change the points we made does it? We’re commenting on the picture... nothing more.
Right, but that picture has nothing to do with a car that will ever be built, so saying "I would/would not buy that because x" is meaningless. My father would call that an "an exercise in mental masturbation"

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Right, but that picture has nothing to do with a car that will ever be built, so saying "I would/would not buy that because x" is meaningless. My father would call that an "an exercise in mental masturbation"
Um... wrong. Saying I wouldn’t or would buy something that looks the way it does in a picture, is a comment on how something looks in a picture, nothing more. In fact, it happens all the time before products are bought to market... it’s called market research, product testing etc. Numerous sketches and renders of different variations are shown to people who say they would or wouldn’t buy something that currently doesn’t exist. As for your Dad and mental masturbation... he must be/have been a boring man to be speaking as if pleasuring/indulging your mind is a bad thing. I suppose it does go some way in explaining how you’re being a pedantic kill joy pointing out total non issues. ✌?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You guys realize that drawing was a guess on what it might look like, drawn by someone not associated with chevy right? I would buy the batmobile instead of the mach e, but it is no more real than that electric camaro drawing.
Oh sure. Just like the Mach-e coupe renderings that floated around here. Just theoretical. But still fun to talk about.

We're bored. No sports to watch anymore. ?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Good of you to decide what my dad's personality was based on my comment. Obviously ad hominem attacks in leau of an actual refutation are all you have.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Good of you to decide what my dad's personality was based on my comment. Obviously ad hominem attacks in leau of an actual refutation are all you have.
You brought him into this, not me.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
But does that cause blindness?

On a more serious but related note, the one teaser that has been released by GM itself shows less of an SUV shape for a potential Camaro EV and more of a muscle car outline:

Camaro teaser

But before everyone starts with the "you better give us info, Ford, or I'd rather buy that", I hardly think that these "shadows of a hint of a possibility of a concept of a potential Camaro" are the impetus that Ford needs before providing more info on the vehicle it's launching in a few months.
Frankly, I think we're more likely to see a Ford Bronco EV before we see a Camaro.

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Didn't MME start this way ? Who's to say this isn't what will be ?
I like the GM Camaro a lot. We are just looking at the future.
All opinions are welcome. But why bad mouth it so much ?
Dream on it will be here.

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
I see Ford lovers and Chevy lovers here. ;) Admit it Chevy looks good.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
I see Ford lovers and Chevy lovers here. ;) Admit it Chevy looks good.
The MME will be my first Ford. I’ve driven Ford before but never a Chevy (they’re not common in the UK)... As such, I couldn’t really tell you what any look like. However, that SUV you shared does look good... but not MME good... imo?

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Or as Igor said in Young Frankenstein:

Igor: I can remember what my dad used to say in times like this.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: What did he say?
Igor: 'What the hell are you doing in the bathroom all day and night? Give someone else a chance!'

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Ford has a great MME coming soon. They know it and just keep us
guessing. Ford would not be so hush-hush if GM had the EV Camaro
available now. Wake up Ford let us know the info.
If this was available you can have my MME.
chevrolet-camaro-e-28-renderings
Ford picked the Mustang name because they only have a couple of brands with positive brand recognition. I think naming it is over rated, but it did get people talking about it, if only to complain that it's not a "Mustang". GM doesn't have that trouble, so they don't need to shoe-horn a SUV into a Camaro as they have plenty of other well recognized brands that would fit better. No reason to copy Ford's naming of a electric CSUV with a name of a popular sports coupe when they have better names to pick from.

That said GM isn't the greatest at naming... calling the hybrid a volt and the all electric a bolt...

GM will probably have something comparable.... but 1-2 years after the Mach E is out. If you want something earlier than the Mach E, about the only reasonable competition is the Tesla Y (bu far less service centers, etc).

I would say, if GM wants us to wait and not get a Mach E, they need to provide some info instead of made up fan rendered images. (Although it does look good, it's not going to happen...)

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Yes if they bring it people will buy. I guess we need something to talk about as
Ford is quiet as a church mouse. MME has a lot going for it and no new info
gets on people's nerves. We do need positive facts about MME. It's getting old
talking about the same things over and over. Oh well just hope things will move
along at a steady pace.