Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Thank you very much for putting this together. Seems like they didn’t like my color question though lol.
LOL - it was a bit of a tumbleweed moment when I asked that question. He just looked at me blankly as if to say “why would want bright colours?” ... so I quickly moved on to the next question.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Here's the list !!!!

This is probably going to create as many questions as those answered LOL
Thank you very much for the very dilligent work!

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
This is big news. Tesla charges $7500 for this package.
Nope. The basic autopilot, which is at best what the Mach-e will have, is included on all Teslas at no extra charge. "Full self driving'' which eventually will be upgraded to a fully autonomous autopilot--you go to sleep while the car drives--is $7k.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Nope. The basic autopilot, which is at best what the Mach-e will have, is included on all Teslas at no extra charge.
Some of the ADAS functions promised with MME and available on Tesla vehicles are effectively the same, while others are different. Both cars feature AEB w/ pedestrian detection, for instance.

Meanwhile, MME will have (via OTA update) hands free driving, while Tesla still relies on hands-on-wheel for its version of driver attention monitoring. Both cars still require a human driver -- in all circumstances.

"Full self driving'' which eventually will be upgraded to a fully autonomous autopilot--you go to sleep while the car drives--is $7k.
I realize this is what Tesla continues to claim, and perhaps I'm too skeptical, but I don't think we'll ever see Tesla deliver safe, full autonomy onto its customers' existing vehicles.

MadScientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
Some useful data there, many thanks. So it looks like earliest test drive is September as it the date when cars will be available for independent review. So we will be expected to place firm orders having neither driven the car nor seen any independent reviews? I think only if a full deposit refund is available, I would commit to this.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Thanks for all of this. Great info. With the cost of those hand built show cars, no wonder they won't let you touch them.

Reactions: UW2

JSAlexVa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
Nope. The basic autopilot, which is at best what the Mach-e will have, is included on all Teslas at no extra charge. "Full self driving'' which eventually will be upgraded to a fully autonomous autopilot--you go to sleep while the car drives--is $7k.
Well MME Premium includes Active Park Assist standard but you do have to pay the $7K to get that on a Tesla. Would be interesting to compare, one to one, the Ford Co-Pilot features vs Tesla’s.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
We have been told that there will be an OTA update that will push out a function similar to GM’s super Cruise. I believe this has many of the features currently available for highway driving with Tesla’s FSD.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Well MME Premium includes Active Park Assist standard but you do have to pay the $7K to get that on a Tesla. Would be interesting to compare, one to one, the Ford Co-Pilot features vs Tesla’s.
Yes, with 3 cols for Tesla... Standard, 7K now, and 7+k planned.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Thanks @Wonky_Donkey! Really appreciate you going to such an effort for everyone in the MME community.

The Ford Go Electric commerical made me have flashbacks to Veridian Dynamics commercials back in the day.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
What is the distinction between first and fifth questions?
Full order to start May(ish) and orders to begin June 20th? I’m assuming, given the very specific date, that June 20 is the day the order system will first be open.

A little disappointing to see that the additional GT color is now described as “MAYBE”.
Also disappointing to hear that roof rack options (like the hitch) are also likely to be region dependent.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
What is the distinction between first and fifth questions?
Full order to start May(ish) and orders to begin June 20th? I’m assuming, given the very specific date, that June 20 is the day the order system will first be open.
I think that means customer orders start being placed in May(ish) and actual vehicle production starts in June (dealer demo units).
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: UW2