62Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE
Country flag
we know from Dave Pericak saying the car can't be tracked that it can't manage sustained heat.
Can you point me to a link for his comments? I'm curious to read if he had any additional thoughts along these lines (presumably in the context of tuning the GT suspension and magneride).
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Height from ground to seat level = 21 inches = PERFECT for me
Does anyone know how this compares with say an Escape, or Niro, or XC40?

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
The ordering system in the UK seems to be a bit different to that in The US. A recent email from Ford indicated that my pre-order deposit was already in the hands of the dealer and they would hang onto it if I made my order a firm one. Hopefully, in view of the likely demand there will be no issues in getting it back.
Hopefully that doesn't mean the deposit would then turn into a non-refundable deposit.

MadScientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
Well if it does this is one order that will bite the dust. At that time most of us won’t have had the opportunity to even sit in the car let alone drive it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I have to admit, I don't quite understand why these two are different questions and answers:

When will full orders start to be taken? End of May 2020 ish (Waiting for permission to publish exact date)

Are they on track to start taking orders before June? Orders will begin on 20th June 2020

Reactions: UW2

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
A change has to be made. For over 50 years we drove with P -R -N -L -D .
If the L is for high generation it should be labeled G . There is no low gear
in MME. It will become confusing for some. They just saved money as this
indicater is used on other Ford cars with automatic transmissions .
Tell Ford we want :
P -R -N -G -D ;)

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
Some of the ADAS functions promised with MME and available on Tesla vehicles are effectively the same, while others are different. Both cars feature AEB w/ pedestrian detection, for instance.

Meanwhile, MME will have (via OTA update) hands free driving, while Tesla still relies on hands-on-wheel for its version of driver attention monitoring. Both cars still require a human driver -- in all circumstances.

I realize this is what Tesla continues to claim, and perhaps I'm too skeptical, but I don't think we'll ever see Tesla deliver safe, full autonomy onto its customers' existing vehicles.
Well MME Premium includes Active Park Assist standard but you do have to pay the $7K to get that on a Tesla. Would be interesting to compare, one to one, the Ford Co-Pilot features vs Tesla’s.
We have been told that there will be an OTA update that will push out a function similar to GM’s super Cruise. I believe this has many of the features currently available for highway driving with Tesla’s FSD.
I think this would make for a great conversation, but not on this thread. It would be more appropriate to have this discussion in a separate thread in the "Mach-e vs the Competition" forum. Just saying...

Reactions: UW2

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
A change has to be made. For over 50 years we drove with P -R -N -L -D .
If the L is for high generation it should be labeled G . There is no low gear
in MME. It will become confusing for some. They just saved money as this
indicater is used on other Ford cars with automatic transmissions .
Tell Ford we want :
P -R -N -G -D ;)
Its PRNDL (and pronounced "prindle") and is probably here to stay.

In the Bolt its PRNDL and L = 1-pedal mode.

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Well isn't 1 pedal mode "regeneration ?
68 years with cars,trucks, and hot rods and never heard of "PRINDLE"

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Its PRNDL (and pronounced "prindle") and is probably here to stay.

In the Bolt its PRNDL and L = 1-pedal mode.
I agree, but PRNGD (pronounced “pronged”) does have a nice sound to it in relation to plugged in vehicles.

OP
OP
Wonky_Donkey

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
The ordering system in the UK seems to be a bit different to that in The US. A recent email from Ford indicated that my pre-order deposit was already in the hands of the dealer and they would hang onto it if I made my order a firm one. Hopefully, in view of the likely demand there will be no issues in getting it back.
I was told by the Ford Rep that for UK orders the deposits are refundable up to the point of delivery of vehicle :) They laboured that point quite hard - they don't want to give anyone an excuse not to order this car LOL

OP
OP
Wonky_Donkey

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I have to admit, I don't quite understand why these two are different questions and answers:

When will full orders start to be taken? End of May 2020 ish (Waiting for permission to publish exact date)

Are they on track to start taking orders before June? Orders will begin on 20th June 2020
âš  âš  âš  âš  âš  âš  âš  âš  âš  âš 
Ok - so this is my bad - I rushed the document a bit and both areas originally said 20th June as this was the date I remembered in my head, but then remembered that dealers would be getting in touch end of May. I wanted to wait until I had the PowerPoint with the confirmed and specific dates in it - but everyone was desperate for me to publish and I only amended one instead of both by mistake. Apologies everyone!!

OP
OP
Wonky_Donkey

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
So I have a gift for any UK readers out there this evening .... A model specification chart that makes sense of the mess that is the Ford.co.uk Mach-E website.

I've been working on this for some time and got the missing pieces to the puzzle confirmed yesterday.

I have also attached the US & Europe Sheets supplied directly from Ford's Media Website just for completeness / comparison.
Sponsored

Attachments