First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
⚠ ⚠ ⚠ ⚠ ⚠ ⚠ ⚠ ⚠ ⚠ ⚠
Ok - so this is my bad - I rushed the document a bit and both areas originally said 20th June as this was the date I remembered in my head, but then remembered that dealers would be getting in touch end of May. I wanted to wait until I had the PowerPoint with the confirmed and specific dates in it - but everyone was desperate for me to publish and I only amended one instead of both by mistake. Apologies everyone!!
The 6/20/20 date was supposed to be the start of official production at the plant - for prod vehicle #1. I saw that somewhere but cannot remember where.

OP
OP
Wonky_Donkey

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
The 6/20/20 date was supposed to be the start of official production at the plant - for prod vehicle #1. I saw that somewhere but cannot remember where.
I remember Prod #1 being in the official timeline - god I wish Ford would hurry up and send me that slide. ?

Auger50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
So I have a gift for any UK readers out there this evening .... A model specification chart that makes sense of the mess that is the Ford.co.uk Mach-E website.

I've been working on this for some time and got the missing pieces to the puzzle confirmed yesterday.

I have also attached the US & Europe Sheets supplied directly from Ford's Media Website just for completeness / comparison.
So I have a gift for any UK readers out there this evening .... A model specification chart that makes sense of the mess that is the Ford.co.uk Mach-E website.

I've been working on this for some time and got the missing pieces to the puzzle confirmed yesterday.

I have also attached the US & Europe Sheets supplied directly from Ford's Media Website just for completeness / comparison.

i don’t see specs anywhere about an electrochromic roof. Is this something they plan at a later date as a “surprise“ option? TIA

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
i don’t see specs anywhere about an electrochromic roof. Is this something they plan at a later date as a “surprise“ option? TIA
I really don’t believe it will be electrochromic. I think it is going to be a sputtered low-e coating.

OP
OP
Wonky_Donkey

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
At the Marble Arch event I was told by a very knowledgeable Ford rep that it was electrochromic - so I have no reason to not believe him. He was really proud of the fact and he mentioned it to a few people while I was looking round the car. ?‍♂

If it’s not - then that’s a whole lotta glass to have no sun shade. We’re all gonna cook.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
At the Marble Arch event I was told by a very knowledgeable Ford rep that it was electrochromic - so I have no reason to not believe him. He was really proud of the fact and he mentioned it to a few people while I was looking round the car. ?‍♂

If it’s not - then that’s a whole lotta glass to have no sun shade. We’re all gonna cook.
I think it will have an advanced sputtered low-e coating like are on commercial and residential glasses these days.

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag

While I think the electrochromic roof would be very cool--no pun intended :) -- it's not so bad without it. At worst you might want to add some tint to the roof. For me, I just prefer a metal roof for a number of reasons.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag

I have the all glass roof on my MS that’s not electrochromic, and it never feels hot with its heavy tinting. So either way I’m not worried.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
Couldn’t production vehicles #1 through #xxx be testers sent to dealers for test drives?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I recall the words “early summer” being used by Ford in a couple of interviews and one reporter covering that into a date.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag

This is great, thanks Wonks! I see you deducted to £3,800 government grant. Do you know at all how we’re able to claim on that grant, or is it something the dealer applies at the point of sale?

OP
OP
Wonky_Donkey

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
This is great, thanks Wonks! I see you deducted to £3,800 government grant. Do you know at all how we’re able to claim on that grant, or is it something the dealer applies at the point of sale?
The dealer will take care of that for you.

The only one you'll have to apply for is the OLEV grant of £500 for a charging point install at home (if you want one) - but even that is handled mostly by the charging point supplier.

I had a Chargemaster one installed when I bought my Prius PHEV and I think it ended up costing me £70 after the grant paid for the rest.
Sponsored