UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
So I have a gift for any UK readers out there this evening .... A model specification chart that makes sense of the mess that is the Ford.co.uk Mach-E website.

I've been working on this for some time and got the missing pieces to the puzzle confirmed yesterday.

I have also attached the US & Europe Sheets supplied directly from Ford's Media Website just for completeness / comparison.
Wow, sure you don't need to be in Ford's marketing department? I am in the US and find your chart quite useful.
Sponsored

PaulD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Jaguar XK, Peugeot Bipper Tepee
Occupation
Semi retired management consultant
Country flag
Tony

Firstly can I say thank you for your sterling work on the MME. It helps enormously.
I have reserved a RWD ER in star white.
I too have difficulties with the Ford UK website configurator. My main issues being.
  1. Making sure that the RWD ER tech pack + included the panoramic roof. The website does not say but a photo of it is shown in the pack information footnote.
  2. The fact that my pre-order pricing confirmation does include perforated sensico seats - different to the SR version.
  3. How the roof edges and particularly the section between the panoramic roof and the rear spoiler is treated. Piano black? Bearing in mind that the remainder of the trim is matt.
  4. Quite what the wheels look like and any aero option.
I would also like to note that my deposit was £1,000

Paul

MadScientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
I've ordered the same spec as you and the panoramic roof is listed under additional features.

I paid a £1000 deposit as well. Great news from the UK Budget today, the £1,600 luxury tax on cars >£40,000 has now been scrapped for EVs :):)

PaulD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
You are absolutely right the panoramic roof is listed on my pricing schedule. It was me being paranoid, as I was looking at both the UK and Netherlands websites. As you do. Theirs shows the roof included in the tech pack + and ours does not. Although it does show a picture of it! Admittedly it does miss other things that appear on the pricing schedule.

Ford Mustang Mach-E You asked the questions ... now get the answers (well some) 3B3DA865-AFB1-4504-A8E2-13DB37E77B69
Ford Mustang Mach-E You asked the questions ... now get the answers (well some) B48E897F-CC21-4588-98EB-D3143041BB05

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I really wish the US auto makers would offer the same Quickclear windscreen option they offer in Europe. It is a great feature when you are getting ready for a winter drive - a frost free windshield in far less time than using a hot air from a defroster. I have no idea why it has never been offered in the US.

PaulD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Only of UK interest

Maybe not such a give away budget.
Cars over £50k excluded from PICG and reduced to £3k for below £50k.
VED car tax reduction is there I believe

Plug in car grant
Starting Thursday 12 March (2020), those making the switch to electric cars will be eligible for a grant of up to £3,000. As the uptake of zero-emission cars increases, a small reduction to the grant, as well as excluding cars costing £50,000 or more will allow more drivers to benefit from making the switch for longer. These changes will come into effect on orders placed on the portal after 11:59pm on 11 March and the government will continue to keep the rate of the grant under review.

OP
OP
Wonky_Donkey

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
You are absolutely right the panoramic roof is listed on my pricing schedule. It was me being paranoid, as I was looking at both the UK and Netherlands websites. As you do. Theirs shows the roof included in the tech pack + and ours does not. Although it does show a picture of it! Admittedly it does miss other things that appear on the pricing schedule.

My primary concern was that while the website said one thing on the order confirmation, the "Compare models" section contradicted some of the info.

This was further confused by vague wordings like "Only available with ER Model". The key word being "available" - did that mean as an extra chargeable option? - or included in the package price?

It was all very badly explained, but with multiple show visits I have been able to nail down features one by one with Ford reps. I got to the point where I was finally confident with the actual spec that we should be getting. I just hope they don't make any late changes and make me look like an idiot! LOL

OP
OP
Wonky_Donkey

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Tony

Firstly can I say thank you for your sterling work on the MME. It helps enormously.
I have reserved a RWD ER in star white.
I too have difficulties with the Ford UK website configurator. My main issues being.
  1. Making sure that the RWD ER tech pack + included the panoramic roof. The website does not say but a photo of it is shown in the pack information footnote.
  2. The fact that my pre-order pricing confirmation does include perforated sensico seats - different to the SR version.
  3. How the roof edges and particularly the section between the panoramic roof and the rear spoiler is treated. Piano black? Bearing in mind that the remainder of the trim is matt.
  4. Quite what the wheels look like and any aero option.
I would also like to note that my deposit was £1,000

Paul
You're most welcome -

Q1 - yes it definitely does include the pano roof
Q2 - the seats are the same across the range (vegan leather) - the only difference is the stitching colour (black / red / blue)
Q3 - this is a really good question! I don't know, but it will be my next quest :)
Q4 - I've got pictures of the two wheel types and model styles below - the changes are subtle...

RWD - Standard
Ford Mustang Mach-E You asked the questions ... now get the answers (well some) RWD SR

RWD - Extended
Ford Mustang Mach-E You asked the questions ... now get the answers (well some) RWD ER

PaulD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Interesting photos. We shall see.

That was my feeling about your comment

"Only available with ER Model". The key word being "available" - did that mean as an extra chargeable option? - or included in the package price?
I do feel there are different seats indicated on the website. One being perforated.
Ford Mustang Mach-E You asked the questions ... now get the answers (well some) 46F50EF0-9299-4931-8284-C0A66742361E
Ford Mustang Mach-E You asked the questions ... now get the answers (well some) 91D79FA7-9DDE-4D69-96BC-F1597B06960B

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
I really wish the US auto makers would offer the same Quickclear windscreen option they offer in Europe. It is a great feature when you are getting ready for a winter drive - a frost free windshield in far less time than using a hot air from a defroster. I have no idea why it has never been offered in the US.
It has been offered with the Tbird in the 1980s

OP
OP
Wonky_Donkey

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Only of UK interest

Maybe not such a give away budget.
Cars over £50k excluded from PICG and reduced to £3k for below £50k.
VED car tax reduction is there I believe

Plug in car grant
Starting Thursday 12 March (2020), those making the switch to electric cars will be eligible for a grant of up to £3,000. As the uptake of zero-emission cars increases, a small reduction to the grant, as well as excluding cars costing £50,000 or more will allow more drivers to benefit from making the switch for longer. These changes will come into effect on orders placed on the portal after 11:59pm on 11 March and the government will continue to keep the rate of the grant under review.
This has quite a big impact on pricing for the Extended range vehicles in UK. The gap between models is now £12k-£13k !!! :eek:

I sincerely hope that Ford adjusts the price of the RWD ER model by a few £ to bring it back into the eligibility range for the £3k grant.

Ford Mustang Mach-E You asked the questions ... now get the answers (well some) Mustang_Mach-E_UK_Pricing (Post 2020 Budget)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wonky_Donkey

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I've ordered the same spec as you and the panoramic roof is listed under additional features.

I paid a £1000 deposit as well. Great news from the UK Budget today, the £1,600 luxury tax on cars >£40,000 has now been scrapped for EVs :):)
So....

Good news: no showroom tax
Bad news: grant reduced to £3,000 from £3,500
Bad news:: removed eligibility for vehicles over £50,000 (both the ER models in Mach-E Range)

That makes me a sad panda ?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Other automakers do offer it in the States. Our Volvo has it (although it's not called Quickclear as that is a Ford trademark for it).
Sponsored