Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Stay well. I will be thinking of you. You and this world have my prayers.
Relax and do what you feel fit to Post. I stated in another post that Ford
is to blame for lack of info. Such a great MME release and no positive
info from Ford. We are all waiting and they know it but do nothing to
inform their dedicated customers. Leave it be Tony. Rest and get well
as there is no correct news to post. Your Friend, Sweetwater
Sponsored

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Can I just reiterate something here.... it was me that started the whole glass roof being electrochroamatic.

• This was based on a conversation I had with a Ford representative at the London launch event, and not some dodgy ill informed dealership salesperson.

• I took what he said in good faith that this was to be a feature of the panoramic glass roof.

• In reality - nobody knows for sure one way or the other. Until we get actual real production vehicles in the hands of reviewers and customers there will be meany features that will remain a mystery.
Please don't shoot the messenger!

I've been working really hard at getting the latest info from reputable sources so that I can share it with you all while we wait for the real thing to materialise. I've travelled all over to secure 3hrs of time with multiple prototype vehicles and with Ford staff, but apparently that doesn't seem to count for anything.

I think it's maybe time for me to take a back seat and let someone else do the work. ?
As I may have been the first to express skepticism on this point, please let me reassure you that it was exactly as described by timbop— I wasn’t questioning that’s what you were told or that you weren’t clear as to the source of your info. As I’d tried to convey (but clearly failed to), I was skeptical of the Ford rep’s statement given that there has been no indication that such feature will be available anywhere else. That is not a reflection on your efforts to gather data and information, which are greatly appreciated by those of us who eagerly await any crumbs of info over the next months.
Thanks for the hard work.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
As I may have been the first to express skepticism on this point, please let me reassure you that it was exactly as described by timbop— I wasn’t questioning that’s what you were told or that you weren’t clear as to the source of your info. As I’d tried to convey (but clearly failed to), I was skeptical of the Ford rep’s statement given that there has been no indication that such feature will be available anywhere else. That is not a reflection on your efforts to gather data and information, which are greatly appreciated by those of us who eagerly await any crumbs of info over the next months.
Thanks for the hard work.
Second that sentiment. Much appreciation for the work you put in.

OP
OP
Wonky_Donkey

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Thank you for kind comments and clarification. It's the problem of the written word - it's open to interpretation on the context in which it's written.

Lets move on - and I have a question for you guys....

In this photo - what might these switches on the driver's sun visor be for? I'm not a veteran Ford owner so I'm not familiar with what they are.

Ford Mustang Mach-E You asked the questions ... now get the answers (well some) Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-roofspace

KT-PNW

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07’ Mustang, 65’ Mustang, YZF R3
Country flag
I’m not positive for the Mach E, but I’ve seen programmable garage and gate opener buttons placed there before.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I’m not positive for the Mach E, but I’ve seen programmable garage and gate opener buttons placed there before.
Yep, that's it exactly. Most new Fords have them. I've set mine up left and right doors and the middle one for the gate. Much nicer than having three separate remotes.

Reactions: UW2

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Wonky Lad... definitely very appreciative of your efforts! Please keep up the good work. I definitely do not want to appear to be undermining any research you’ve done and that certainly was not my intention if that’s how it came across... and I don’t think anyone else meant it that way either. I think we’re all on this thread because we love the MME and as such, we all seem to get along well on here and long may it stay that way. If anyone needs a talk down, it’s bloody Ford for not giving us the info we’re all desperate for! ✌?

PS: I look forward to starting up a UK MME car club with you, where we meet on the odd Sunday and frunkgate in a car park somewhere ?

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Ford has a great MME coming soon. They know it and just keep us
guessing. Ford would not be so hush-hush if GM had the EV Camaro
available now. Wake up Ford let us know the info.
If this was available you can have my MME.
chevrolet-camaro-e-28-renderings

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
That Chevy Camaro does look great! I think the MME is a little classier looking ... but the solid chunkiness of Chevy is pretty bad ass.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yep, that's it exactly. Most new Fords have them. I've set mine up left and right doors and the middle one for the gate. Much nicer than having three separate remotes.
I've struggled to get mine to program correctly. Got them working at one point but sometimes I'd have to hit it 3-4 times before it would work. And sometimes had to hold it down for 10 seconds to get it to work.

Finally just went back to using the original remotes.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That Chevy Camaro does look great.
The window line is way too narrow for my tastes. It looks nice aesthetically, but I would think visibility from inside the vehicle would be hampered.

I remember thinking the same thing when seeing a few luxury sedans, like the Chrysler 300. Too much door height and not enough window.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
The window line is way too narrow for my tastes. It looks nice aesthetically, but I would think visibility from inside the vehicle would be hampered.
Don’t get me wrong... I think the MME is way classier . But the chunky heavy lines of the Chevy make it look a bit bass. I’ll still take the MME over this, everyday.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Don’t get me wrong... I think the MME is way classier . But the chunky heavy lines of the Chevy make it look a bit bass. I’ll still take the MME over this, everyday.
Oh I agree that those renderings look cool from the outside. Gives it a look of major heft. But I'd probably pass on actually considering buying one from a pure functionality standpoint. Visibility is significant factor to me.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That Chevy Camaro does look great! I think the MME is a little classier looking ... but the solid chunkiness of Chevy is pretty bad ass.

I remember thinking the same thing when seeing a few luxury sedans, like the Chrysler 300. Too much door height and not enough window.
You guys realize that drawing was a guess on what it might look like, drawn by someone not associated with chevy right? I would buy the batmobile instead of the mach e, but it is no more real than that electric camaro drawing.
Sponsored