Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e
Occupation
auto tech
Country flag
would do better low interior heat and 68mph , don't laugh give it a try
ever since early 22 when ford updated our heat/ ac it eats power on heat , I mean eats power. over the 2 years and multiple trips we have figured out 68 is a very good spot for speed /power usually 3.3 and sometimes 3.5 per kwh

OP
OP
narmstrong79

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
OP
OP
narmstrong79

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
If you want proof of how much more ridiculously complicated and burdensome it is to take a long road trip with an EV than an ICE... look no further than all the videos proclaiming that it's no big deal.

You don't see ICE drivers posting videos on this topic, because no ICE driver ever even thinks about this stuff.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
If you want proof of how much more ridiculously complicated and burdensome it is to take a long road trip with an EV than an ICE... look no further than all the videos proclaiming that it's no big deal.

You don't see ICE drivers posting videos on this topic, because no ICE driver ever even thinks about this stuff.
True statement.!!!!!
50 miles to empty warning is the one that catches their attention.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Road tripping in a BEV is an adventure, and you can never expect it to be smooth. You expect it to suck, and then if it doesn't, you are pleasantly surprised! Because it is hard to avoid how horrible public charging has become.

Give me my Tesla SC adapter now! 🤣

Actually, I expect the SC experience to suck once everyone is able to use them. And when I take up two spaces with my one car, the love from Tesla owners is sure to be abundant.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Road tripping in a BEV is an adventure, and you can never expect it to be smooth. You expect it to suck, and then if it doesn't, you are pleasantly surprised! Because it is hard to avoid how horrible public charging has become.

Give me my Tesla SC adapter now! 🤣

Actually, I expect the SC experience to suck once everyone is able to use them. And when I take up two spaces with my one car, the love from Tesla owners is sure to be abundant.
Another true statement.
Risk.....such a wonderful word.!!!

avdonr

First Name
Avdon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I went from Toronto to San Fran, down to LA and back to Toronto last November. 2 weeks and 10,000km. Totally possible! Used Electrify America almost exclusively and only had issues at 2 stations but was never left stranded.

leehinde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag

Some people have never road tripped and wouldn't dream of it. Others cross the country in the dead of winter with a trailer attached.

Same car. Different people.

It's not the car.

SpaceLeftBlank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E GT, 2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Lawyer
Country flag

sure, not now. They’ve literally been around for over 100 years, and the infrastructure has been there for most of that time too. But when ICE vehicles first came out, it was ABSOLUTELY a very big deal when someone made the first cross-country car trips, etc. If they had had YouTube (or videos) back then, there absolutely would have been a bunch, and a whole bunch of people talking about how it wasn’t feasible and how they’d just take their horses or train ride or steam ship, thank you very much. And actually, there have been videos and books and documentaries about it, and one of my very favorite places on earth (The Henry Ford Museum/Greenfield Village in Dearborn MI) has multiple exhibits about early road trips and challenges faced doing them.

See, guys, this is what they mean when they talk about “those who don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it.”
Sponsored