evfinder

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Prius Plug-in
Country flag
I just got an email from Ford saying that I had been selected to participate in an exclusive new program - Your Ford Ambassador and given a link to sign in. The email went on to say,

"This is an opportunity to get all your Mustang Mach‑E charging‑related questions answered, so you’ll be ready to go when your vehicle arrives.

Contact Your Ford Ambassador now so you can become familiar with your new vehicle. Simply sign in to your Ford account and provide your contact information for an Ambassador to reach out and start a text conversation."

I had a bit of a problem with the link as the page didn't want to load but after refreshing a couple of times it eventually loaded. The linked page wanted me to enter a phone number that the "Ambassador" could initiate text conversations. I entered my cell# and got a pop-up which asked me to authorize them contacting me. When I read the fine print the authorization included accepting Robo-calls. I expect it is to allow companies to contact me about charger installations but I don't do business with robo-callers and so at that point I exited the web page.

I couldn't find a thread about this program on this forum but have to admit I am not too sharp using the search facility so I may have missed something. Has anyone else participated in this program?
Sponsored

OP
OP

evfinder

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got another email about the Ford Ambassador Program today. I clicked on the link but it just gave me a blank screen. It's supposed to help me learn about charging the car but I am not going to learn anything from a blank page. Not a good intro to someone who is about to buy a Mach-e.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Sounds like something very new they are trying to launch.
when I first saw this thread, I immediately thought of Marriott Bonvoy’s Titanium Elite with Ambassador level, which wouldn’t have made sense. That’s targeted towards high-spend, frequent customers. It provides people a (quasi) dedicated resource to reach out to May Marriott to help fix issues and “make things happen”.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Probably some kind of scam. Have they asked for money, passwords, logging on unknown sites, etc? Or perhaps gave you a virus? It's a common wisdom not to click on links in unsolicited emails.

OP
OP

evfinder

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It could be a scam but if it is they made a pretty good job of making it appear as if it came from Ford. They also knew that I was about to take delivery of a Mach-e. I suppose they could have gotten this from this site. I was not asked for money but it did try to get me to agree to receive robo-calls.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Clicking on a link from Ford and getting a blank screen sounds exactly like what I would expect from a Ford Ambassador Program to teach you about your upcoming car.
Perfect execution.

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
I just got an email from Ford saying that I had been selected to participate in an exclusive new program - Your Ford Ambassador and given a link to sign in. The email went on to say,

"This is an opportunity to get all your Mustang Mach‑E charging‑related questions answered, so you’ll be ready to go when your vehicle arrives.

Contact Your Ford Ambassador now so you can become familiar with your new vehicle. Simply sign in to your Ford account and provide your contact information for an Ambassador to reach out and start a text conversation."

I had a bit of a problem with the link as the page didn't want to load but after refreshing a couple of times it eventually loaded. The linked page wanted me to enter a phone number that the "Ambassador" could initiate text conversations. I entered my cell# and got a pop-up which asked me to authorize them contacting me. When I read the fine print the authorization included accepting Robo-calls. I expect it is to allow companies to contact me about charger installations but I don't do business with robo-callers and so at that point I exited the web page.

I couldn't find a thread about this program on this forum but have to admit I am not too sharp using the search facility so I may have missed something. Has anyone else participated in this program?
I was "selected" too, a few weeks ago. It's a live person, that probably gets a ping when we reach out, they are limited to mostly charging. I good resource, I siuppose.

OP
OP

evfinder

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good to know I am not the only one. I didn't enter my info when I read the bit about some of the calls could be robo-calls. Have you had any solicitations from companies that offer chargers or charger install?

PaperMache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Acura MDX, 2019 Honda Insight
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Your Ford Ambassador 1666891773575

I have been contacted by a Ford ambassador too! But I guess I asked a wrong question 🤣

OP
OP

evfinder

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Now that's bad. Obviously an automated response that went haywire. Ford really need to get their act together in the software department.

Atxsw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium Std Range MME, Prius
Country flag
Mine was kinda useless and they had no info on the only important stuff.
Sponsored