Your Mustang Mach-E. Tomorrow’s technology unleashed.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I went into a Tesla showroom which I have done MANY times. Until I saw this graphic I had no idea that on a Tesla 3 there is NO speedometer on the dash. You have to look to the side on the computer screen. For me that seems dangerous. I like to know how fast I am going as I drive by simply glancing down. I guess you can get used to it looking sideways but it bothers me. To look to the side I have to actually move my head. To look at this dash on the Mach E it is like every other car, just a simple glance without moving your head.
I agree 100%, I don't like the Model E lack of manual controls either. You cant even turn on the windshield wipers without using the screen.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I agree 100%, I don't like the Model E lack of manual controls either. You cant even turn on the windshield wipers without using the screen.
you meant model 3, right?

Spensaf

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo 4C Spider, Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Country flag
No emails here in the UK!
:confused:

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Yes the screen. :confused: I think that screen is bigger than my TV.
Does anyone know if maybe the controls may be "Voice Comand" ?

MadScientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
I agree 100%, I don't like the Model 3 lack of manual controls either. You cant even turn on the windshield wipers without using the screen.
Actually you can, there are wiper controls on left hand steering wheel stalk (p66 of the M3 manual). Also, I don’t see a lot of difference between looking down or slightly to one side to view your speed. Head up display is the best option which neither car has. I’m no Tesla fan-boy but I do like the display. Having to go through menus to change air flow in the car would piss me off however as would lack of android auto.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Yes the screen. :confused: I think that screen is bigger than my TV.
Does anyone know if maybe the controls may be "Voice Comand" ?
Several Ford executives have stated in interviews that virtually all car controls on the main display can be operated by voice using "Hey Ford, blah, blah, blah".

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
I would like to see the ability to add shortcut buttons to the main screen. I have a Subaru that requires tapping the screen 4 times before being able to make audio sound adjustments.

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
I am sure we all will be happy with the MME. We keep guessing what is in
store for us. If options are set for it then Ford should release it to us.
We all want to learn how everything operates. Our talk will get much
better when we are dealing with the facts. Until then we can't guess
and try to expect things that are not there.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I went into a Tesla showroom which I have done MANY times. Until I saw this graphic I had no idea that on a Tesla 3 there is NO speedometer on the dash. You have to look to the side on the computer screen. For me that seems dangerous. I like to know how fast I am going as I drive by simply glancing down. I guess you can get used to it looking sideways but it bothers me. To look to the side I have to actually move my head. To look at this dash on the Mach E it is like every other car, just a simple glance without moving your head.
I agree with you 100%.

That said, I think I remember that at the M3 reveal, Elon said the reasoning for it was his vision of the future where the M3 would have "Full Self Driving" and therefore the driver would not need to look at anything, so he wanted to view to be unobstructed so you can gaze out the window whilst the car drove itself.

I guess I'm saying, there _is_ a method to the madness, assuming of course you drink the cup of Koolaid that comes with the method :)

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I agree with you 100%.

That said, I think I remember that at the M3 reveal, Elon said the reasoning for it was his vision of the future where the M3 would have "Full Self Driving" and therefore the driver would not need to look at anything, so he wanted to view to be unobstructed so you can gaze out the window whilst the car drove itself.

I guess I'm saying, there _is_ a method to the madness, assuming of course you drink the cup of Koolaid that comes with the method :)
Koolaid….VERY well said!!!!!!!
Sponsored