Aulander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Canada - Got 3.5.3.3 - No streaming options.
Youtube and Prime Video streaming available with Android Auto and Fermata Auto, including web browser and other streaming sites. No Netflix.
Sponsored

khbkhb

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Stromer ST-1, Cattrike, Mazda CX9
Occupation
Computer Geek
Country flag
Wish they would focus their attention to driver useful things, like 360 camera while driving, or setting a target charge level that works across all locations.

No doubt some will find it critically important to watch YouTube while charging; but I find it hard to believe that really is what the majority of us want or need.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I got 3.5.3.3 yesterday. Connected to my home WiFi, I tapped on the YouTube icon. I got tired of waiting for it so I pulled YouTube on my phone (connected to the same network) and watched a short video. I waited 5 more minutes after the video was over until I was able to tap anything and have it respond, so I logged into my YouTube account. More waiting. I got tired of waiting (and my dog was hungry) so I turned the car off and fed my dog. I love that molasses in a Montana January speed that the infotainment hardware has. 🤪🐩

danielcb

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 ER AWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Good point on the licensing. It did say in the updates (US only).
Be good to have it resolved for our next summer especially if it keeps going like this past one.
And to you'all below the border, YES We do get summer, eh! It comes before Autumn ;)
I don't believe it has to do with licenses. It's more about data usage and paying for that data.

The infotainment system is currently being connected to the internet via CISCO Jasper platform (they public IP belongs to Cisco Jasper IOT)

Probably in the US it's easier to close deals and allow customer's to pay a small plan to allow streaming while they secure deals with wholesale prices with CISCO / ATT to allow all that data to be streamed in customer's Cars. I guess they have do extend that to Canada as well and the pattern carrier here which I believe is Bell, so it will probably take a while...

Alexa and audio streaming will definitely consume less data than YouTube and other video streaming services (though they could definitely allow only 720p or lower quality video), so it's easier to implement with the current contracts they might have.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I got 3.5.3.3 yesterday. Connected to my home WiFi, I tapped on the YouTube icon. I got tired of waiting for it so I pulled YouTube on my phone (connected to the same network) and watched a short video. I waited 5 more minutes after the video was over until I was able to tap anything and have it respond, so I logged into my YouTube account. More waiting. I got tired of waiting (and my dog was hungry) so I turned the car off and fed my dog. I love that molasses in a Montana January speed that the infotainment hardware has. 🤪🐩
Mine took a few seconds to load the page and was fine from there

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Mine took a few seconds to load the page and was fine from there
I figured it would probably be fine the next time I accessed it but over 20 minutes got excessive and my dog was mad. 😱🐩

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I figured it would probably be fine the next time I accessed it but over 20 minutes got excessive and my dog was mad. 😱🐩
Yeah, I never had it take that long, that's weird

machbrink

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Hi there, first time posting on the forum.

As with most here, the Youtube app pushed with the latest software upgrade.

Is anyone aware of how to disable, lock-out, or remove the Youtube app?

I have two grade school children that have taken a liking to getting in the car before we go places. In the minute or so before we are in the car together, they manage to go down rabbit holes with videos.

We're pretty militant about minimal screen time with the TV and tablet in the house. I did not expect to have to be worried about this with a car, ha.

Thanks -

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Hi there, first time posting on the forum.

As with most here, the Youtube app pushed with the latest software upgrade.

Is anyone aware of how to disable, lock-out, or remove the Youtube app?

I have two grade school children that have taken a liking to getting in the car before we go places. In the minute or so before we are in the car together, they manage to go down rabbit holes with videos.

We're pretty militant about minimal screen time with the TV and tablet in the house. I did not expect to have to be worried about this with a car, ha.

Thanks -
Tell the vehicle to forget about your home WiFi.

jmatero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-P
Country flag
YouTube is so slow that I gave up. Ended up using my phone. Odd as the 2 NBC apps are pretty speedy.

Darkenmage

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT AWDe and Honda Insight
Occupation
Semi Retired
Country flag
So this power-up update is optional? You have to sign up for it and not considered a regular update?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
So this power-up update is optional? You have to sign up for it and not considered a regular update?
It's a regular update. Ford rolls them out via a phased deployment plan. For example, first 50 customers, then another 500, then another 1,000, and so on. Between each group they allow time for unanticipated problems to bubble up so they can react.

Your vehicle will eventually be offered this update. Until then, all you can do is wait.

Darkenmage

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT AWDe and Honda Insight
Occupation
Semi Retired
Country flag
It's a regular update. Ford rolls them out via a phased deployment plan. For example, first 50 customers, then another 500, then another 1,000, and so on. Between each group they allow time for unanticipated problems to bubble up so they can react.

Your vehicle will eventually be offered this update. Until then, all you can do is wait.
OK TY
Sponsored