Graction

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-e GT
Country flag
I got to play around with Youtube for a while last night, waiting for a soccer practice to end. I had it connected to a Mifi device, and it worked pretty well. The interface is pretty slow, but the video quality is good, and audio through the speakers is nice. I think it's a nice addition, especially since the app also seems to include Youtube TV and Youtube Music. Watching a live football game while charging would be cool.

Btw, this is the first time I've found myself wishing the screen was in a landscape orientation.
How do you get to Youtube TV in the Youtube app? I played around a while and couldn't find how to do that.
Sponsored

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
How do you get to Youtube TV in the Youtube app? I played around a while and couldn't find how to do that.
So there's probably a much easier way to get there, but here's how I discovered it:

1. Go into the Youtube app and make sure you're logged in
2. Click on your profile image (upper right corner)
3. Click "settings"
4. Click "purchases and memberships"
5. On that screen you can see a box with your Youtube TV membership, with a link to "Open" it

Boom, you're in YoutubeTV.

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Same. Really hope that they can get the licenses or whatever they need so we Canadians get streaming as well!
Same here (Vancouver, BC Canada). Just got Alexa activation as of this morning even though 3.5.3.3 downloaded and installed yesterday.

Pluses:
  • Excited that Alexa is faster on response than what I can get via Hey Siri and OK Ford.
  • We don't seem that far behind the US.
  • UX seems a bit more responsive, and some of the layout changes are cleaner now.

Gripes:
  • No YouTube, video functions yet.
  • The Ford Streaming service around my parts is $16.80 Canadian which is more expensive than the US (compared to cost of living, not even on a currency exchange basis) for less functionality.
    • I don't think I can justify this monthly price when I'm getting way more functionality for the data services on my cell phone plan. This may change with more value-add content availability.
  • Profile switching is now broken as someone previously reported in this thread.

Pro-tip:

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Canada - Got 3.5.3.3 - No streaming options.
No video streaming, but Ford will happily take $15 + tax to give you music/audio-only streaming through Amazon Alexa. You'll have to go to the Ford management website (https://www.ford.ca/support/vehicle-dashboard) and scroll to Connected Services at the bottom. Click in and it'll show you how to subscribe.

From my recent experience, I only got the option to turn on Alexa about one day after 3.5.3.3 installed.

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e GT-PE Space White
Country flag
No video streaming, but Ford will happily take $15 + tax to give you music/audio-only streaming through Amazon Alexa. You'll have to go to the Ford management website (https://www.ford.ca/support/vehicle-dashboard) and scroll to Connected Services at the bottom. Click in and it'll show you how to subscribe.

From my recent experience, I only got the option to turn on Alexa about one day after 3.5.3.3 installed.
Thanks, but 3.5.3.3 JUST gave me the option to get rid of that stupid icon. :mad:šŸ˜†

LeanneL

First Name
Leanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTP
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Same here (Vancouver, BC Canada). Just got Alexa activation as of this morning even though 3.5.3.3 downloaded and installed yesterday.

Pluses:
  • Excited that Alexa is faster on response than what I can get via Hey Siri and OK Ford.
  • We don't seem that far behind the US.
  • UX seems a bit more responsive, and some of the layout changes are cleaner now.

Gripes:
  • No YouTube, video functions yet.
  • The Ford Streaming service around my parts is $16.80 Canadian which is more expensive than the US (compared to cost of living, not even on a currency exchange basis) for less functionality.
    • I don't think I can justify this monthly price when I'm getting way more functionality for the data services on my cell phone plan. This may change with more value-add content availability.
  • Profile switching is now broken as someone previously reported in this thread.

Pro-tip:
I simply use CarPlay and Spotify and it works seamlessly!

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Couldnā€™t get my profile to work. stayed At the guest one even when I kept pressing my profile button. I reset screen and was able to get my profile to load .

do they test this software before sending out?
This will probably happen again. Unlinking my phone from my profile and relinking it worked for me. Hasn't happened since (about a week). Rebooting Sync worked for one or two drives only.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Phone and Profiles are very unstable after two flawless days of 3.5.3.3. My phone was paired, walked into Home Depot with wife in car and power on. Had to drive home without Bluetooth because phone would not repair. Guest profile has activated on start 3 of 4 times in the last 24 hours. Sync does not respond to door button and it takes a bit of effort to coax my profile to load from Sync UI.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I used my hotspot and it worked for YouTube and the two news stations
Curious. Does Hotspot show as available network or did you add as hidden? Does not appear in mine and I had to attempt to add as hidden. It shows up with a circle with a diagonal line through the wifi symbol afterwards.

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
Curious. Does Hotspot show as available network or did you add as hidden? Does not appear in mine and I had to attempt to add as hidden. It shows up with a circle with a diagonal line through the wifi symbol afterwards.
I donā€™t think he means the car hotspot, merely he got YouTube working with *his* hotspot.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Phone and Profiles are very unstable after two flawless days of 3.5.3.3. My phone was paired, walked into Home Depot with wife in car and power on. Had to drive home without Bluetooth because phone would not repair. Guest profile has activated on start 3 of 4 times in the last 24 hours. Sync does not respond to door button and it takes a bit of effort to coax my profile to load from Sync UI.
Iā€™m having some phone and profile issues as well, since 3.5.3.3. I wish they didnā€™t screw with it. Itā€™s maddening when it happens.

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
I just turned the hotspot on on my phone then went to connections in the car and added a Wi-Fi connection. Worked fine.

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
Ok, whatā€™s our next OTA update going to be?
Sponsored