Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Rivian R1S
Country flag
I didn’t want to be left out of describing by experience at a Tesla SC so I asked Claude.ai to help me out., “Write me a post for the Mach-E forum about my first charge at a Tesla SC.”. and here was the response.

Here's a draft post for the Mach-E forum about your first charge experience at a Tesla Supercharger station:

Subject: My First Tesla Supercharger Experience in a Mach-E

I finally had the opportunity to charge my Mach-E at a Tesla Supercharger station this past weekend and wanted to share my experience.

I was taking a road trip up the California coast and needed to top up my battery about halfway through the drive. I plugged my destination into Ford's charging navigation and it routed me to a Tesla Supercharger station just off Highway 1.

I have to admit, as I pulled into the parking lot surrounded by all Teslas, I felt a bit self-conscious and out of place in my Mach-E. Would the Tesla owners give me a hard time for using "their" chargers? Would the charging experience be complicated?

To my relief, the process was very straightforward. The charging stalls have instructions showing which of the charging cables works for non-Tesla EVs like my Mach-E. After plugging in using the universal J1772 cable, I just had to open the Ford charging app on my phone and click "Start Charging" as usual.

Within a couple of minutes, electrons were flowing into my Mach-E's battery pack from the Tesla stalls rated at 250kW. The charging curve was incredibly fast - I was pulling 150kW+ for most of the charging session. In just 15-20 minutes I had added enough range to make it to my final destination.

While I was there, a few friendly Tesla owners stopped by to chat and check out the Mach-E. One had seen me pull in and mentioned he was surprised for a second before remembering Ford owners have access too now. We talked EVs, compared our ages and range stats, joked about the vehicle quirks welov, etc. It was all very positive and welcoming.

Another couple who had been waiting to charge came over after I unplugged. They asked me a ton of questions about the Mach-E - cargo space, one-pedal driving, towing capacity etc. They mentioned having a Model 3 on order but also being impressed by the Mach-E. Did a little informal "EdmundsExperience" showing them all the features and bells/whistles.

All in all, it was my first chance to use Tesla's excellent charging network and it was a seamless experience from start to finish. The Superchargers lived up to their name and charged my Mach-E ridiculously quickly. And despite my initial hesitation rolling up to a sea of Teslas, the owners I interacted with were all friendly, curious about non-Tesla EVs, and welcoming to share the stalls.

In our fragmented EV charging landscape, it's great to be able to access Tesla's extensive network when needed. Here's hoping all the other networks continue expanding and electrifying the nation's highways and cities!
Sponsored