Anyone who is waiting having second thoughts?

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you are having second thoughts about buying a car because of the very vocal minority then maybe you should not be looking on the internet for car buying advice. :cool:
Sponsored

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
After about 5 months with no order update, I was able to get an EV6 for MSRP. I needed / wanted to get a car because we have a kid aging up and will need a car, especially for her summer job.

It's going on 8 months now and still no update.

It's not really second guessing in the way you are asking, but I wonder every day what I will do when / if the MME shows up. I really like the MME style, but the EV6 has cooled seats, heads up display, charges faster, might be a touch more efficient, and handles / drives great. The MME will be a step back in a few areas if I end up with it. (and probably an upgrade in a few areas too).

When I ordered the MME, is was kind of at the head of the pack for non-Tesla EV. That is less the case today.
I'm on parallel track. However, I bought a Hyundai Ioniq 5 while waiting for the MME. (I'm happy with the I5 but I'm waiting for the MME delivery to decide what to do with it.)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone who is waiting having second thoughts? 1652037827817

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If you are having second thoughts about buying a car because of the very vocal minority then maybe you should not be looking on the internet for car buying advice. :cool:
The "internet" is both a treasure hunt and a minefield. (I found YouTube videos to be a great source for comparisons. Manufacturer ads have hype and model specific forums can have useful experiences among the chaff.) I suspect lots of folks got too frustrated with Ford's poor communication with the retail buyer to continue waiting, little to do with forum gripes. At any rate, giving too much emphasis to a vocal few is a form of self-delusion. The MME has been very popular (high demand) but Ford has had production issues (low supply). I also suspect far more folks have waited for an MME than those who gave up their order and got their deposit back. I hope OP is looking at more threads than this one for his answer. Otherwise, it sounds like they're done with waiting... decision time: accept or reject MME.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone who is waiting having second thoughts? 1652039165636

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Reading all these threads of cars breaking down are making me second guess if I want to take delivery (which might be in a week or two). Anyone else?
I'm waiting...on my second one. My first has been problem-free. Not sure I've ever been so impressed with a car purchase.

MachErena

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach-E select
Occupation
Safety manager
Country flag
I just picked mine up on Friday. I was not influenced by the reports on the forum. I bought my wife a Wrangler 4xe last May. The Jeep forums were lit up with negativity. She has 13k miles and it has been in the shop once for a minor CEL. I believe it has a lot to do with how you care for them, the type of driving you do and your EXPECTATIONS! Patiently wait and then enjoy the hell out of it!!

deyoung

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e Extended
Occupation
Director
"5% of Teslas in the UK had developed a major fault" -
Sure it could be a problem and Tesla would deal with the issue properly.
Try getting a reply from Ford or the dealers.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Reading all these threads of cars breaking down are making me second guess if I want to take delivery (which might be in a week or two). Anyone else?
Here's the thing: People come to forums to complain and get help, they don't come here and say, "I just thought you should all know everything is fine." With that in mind a forum will have a lot of complaints.

You should know, however, that I've had my Mach E more than a year now and "I just thought you should know everything is fine."

OP
OP

Z-one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mache GTPE
Country flag
Here's the thing: People come to forums to complain and get help, they don't come here and say, "I just thought you should all know everything is fine." With that in mind a forum will have a lot of complaints.

You should know, however, that I've had my Mach E more than a year now and "I just thought you should know everything is fine."
Very true!

zgruven

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yup getting frustrated with this entire situation. My car should have been here in March then pushed to end of April beginning of May. Then the day it was to arrive get an email from Ford saying it is delayed and won’t be here jntil the first week of June. Talked to my dealer and was told that it is because transportation issue. By the time I get this car I would have waited 11 months. If I knew I would have bought a Tesla. Shit is frustrating.

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
My regret is I didn’t go for the GT with magna ride. Didn’t even consider it until found out how good it was from suspension sections of the forum and it is not an option on the premium. With 22 weeks behind me and order books closed can’t justify starting over. No pre ordered bev from any source are available here. Had the option for a ev6 last week as the dealer got a shipment but despite its initial appeal and slightly smoother ride couldn’t go there. Volvo’s has availability in a month but my experience will their ice repair bills leaves something to be desired.
Bottom line it’s longer than expected but everybody’s struggling and am hanging in there for my initial car of choice.
Since Magna Ride started life as an add-on product, do you think you can add it after market?

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Yup getting frustrated with this entire situation. My car should have been here in March then pushed to end of April beginning of May. Then the day it was to arrive get an email from Ford saying it is delayed and won’t be here jntil the first week of June. Talked to my dealer and was told that it is because transportation issue. By the time I get this car I would have waited 11 months. If I knew I would have bought a Tesla. Shit is frustrating.
I'm sure Ford is doing this just to frustrate people not because of a lockdown in China or shortage of truck drivers, those have nothing to do with it.

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
Coming up on a year of ownership. I smile when I look at it, and when I drive it. Don't second guess...and enjoy! Next time I'll throw pictures of it outside... it's blinding!😎🤣

IMG_20220509_200355966.jpg

IMG_20220509_200426919.jpg

IMG_20220509_200435725.jpg

Rk808

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mirai: Volvo XC60; MME
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Since Magna Ride started life as an add-on product, do you think you can add it after market?
The thread says adding it to a premium is a non starter and I search all over

Toreus

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium ER AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Had mine (premium er AWD) about two weeks now. The suspension is the biggest drawback, not sure I can learn to live with it. Really hope I can. Would gladly have paid extra for the magna ride as an option if I could have. I don’t need the extra speed, a 5 second zero to 60 is plenty for me. I just really wish it rode better.
Sponsored