troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
Funny thing is it took me almost a month to realize the car was making that sound when in reverse. I guess in TX I always have the AC vents blowing pretty hard so it masked it, but the first time I heard it I couldn't figure out where it was coming from and was very perturbed.

Definitely a good thing it can't be turned off though, though maybe a sound emulating an engine/propulsion noise would be a little less dorky sounding. I feel like I'm reversing a box truck.

ShadowCVL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, GMC Sierra, MME Premium
Occupation
IT and Electronics
Country flag
I wish you could turn it down, when backing into the garage in the basement it can wake up my daughter on the second floor. Mine is at least twice as loud as the one posted.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I wish you could turn it down, when backing into the garage in the basement it can wake up my daughter on the second floor. Mine is at least twice as loud as the one posted.
is that outside or just in your garage? I know on my Mach E when it is backing out of the garage it is a lot louder but has a very noticeable drop in sound as soon as it clears the garage. In an inclosed space it seems very loud and I sure as hell can hear it in my house pretty far away while the car is in the garage but as soon as it clears the threshold of the garage it drops a lot in volume.

ShadowCVL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, GMC Sierra, MME Premium
Occupation
IT and Electronics
Country flag
is that outside or just in your garage? I know on my Mach E when it is backing out of the garage it is a lot louder but has a very noticeable drop in sound as soon as it clears the garage. In an inclosed space it seems very loud and I sure as hell can hear it in my house pretty far away while the car is in the garage but as soon as it clears the threshold of the garage it drops a lot in volume.
oh it’s totally in the garage, the sound itself resonates drywall or something. The car has all the gear in it that they could make it quieter when it’s in an enclosed area.
Sponsored