Bad Navigation System/API: Part and Time to repair issue/advice?

WattPony

First Name
Delana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium Extended Range AWD
Occupation
Higher Ed Administrator
Country flag
Hello all,

A while back (December 2022) I posted about my 2022 MachE Navigation system going caput. It can be a mile or more off, facing the wrong direction (including car compass), think it's at -10000 elevation or +34000 elevation. It's frustrating because it also affects Google Maps or Waze when they are connected via Android Auto or Apple Car Play. It also affects the car knowing where it is for the purpose of charging to the correct percentage. I now have "Home" as a location as well as locations 1,2,3 and 4 because of the addresses it believes I am at when I am actually at home. It also affects Blue Cruise hands-free, since when it believes it is on a road with a 30-mile speed limit a mile away instead of the interstate, it won't work.

Problem Happened: December 2, 2022
Finally got a dealer appointment: January 16, 2023
They kept the car for 10 days. Finally said it was an API module. This was after they said they couldn't replicate the issue and I needed to allow their technician to drive the car home for the weekend. They ordered it, Ford "says" it's not back-ordered. They give me the car back.

Since then, I have had a few issues with the center screen getting stuck with a bright blue line across it or it being completely black. Not sure if those are related. I've added about 4,000 miles to the car since December with this ongoing issue.

I have now been waiting 5 additional weeks (7 weeks total) for a part that isn't "back-ordered". I have been very nice and patient. In these 5 weeks, I have only called and asked for an update twice. The second time, earlier this week, they have not bothered to call me back. The first time when they did call me back, they indicated that they "escalated" the order with Ford, whatever that means.

My question is: Is this normal for parts and response from a dealer? The dealer indicated that they were super busy with recalls, and the technician kind of played my issue off because "at least the car is driveable". As of 2023, what has been the typical timeframe for getting parts?

Should I take it to another dealer and see if they have a better response? This dealer owns all local dealerships, so I have to drive an hour and a half away to get to another one. My thought is that Ford would know it is my car, and they have already ordered one for my VIN number, correct?

The car now needs the 10,000-mile service to boot.

Thank you in advance for any assistance!
Sponsored

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Some here say contact the Ford BEV Team to expediate parts? Do not know as I have not try/needed parts since the team came into existence. There are phone numbers here if you search or some good soul post it. May help?