Cabin Audio Leakage

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
Somewhat of a minor complaint/observation. Has anyone else noticed how much sound leaks from the cabin while outside the car with all of the windows up? At first I thought I must have the volume up too loud or something, as I could clearly hear the music from outside the car at very moderate volume. I don't have any complaints on the audio quality of the B&O speakers, I just know I never had this issue with my other cars in the past. Maybe the glass roof is the culprit. It just seems odd that so much sound leaks out of the cabin, but the cabin seems to dampen the sound coming in quite well ?.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Actually, I really don’t care how many people I offend with my carefully curated selections of Nine Inch Nails, Siouxie and the Banshees, Joy Division, the Cult, Echo and the Bunnymen, Barbara Streisand, Depeche Mode, the Cure, and New Order that I listen to cranked to 11, considering some of the noise other people have subjected me to ???

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Somewhat of a minor complaint/observation. Has anyone else noticed how much sound leaks from the cabin while outside the car with all of the windows up? At first I thought I must have the volume up too loud or something, as I could clearly hear the music from outside the car at very moderate volume. I don't have any complaints on the audio quality of the B&O speakers, I just know I never had this issue with my other cars in the past. Maybe the glass roof is the culprit. It just seems odd that so much sound leaks out of the cabin, but the cabin seems to dampen the sound coming in quite well ?.
The lack of engine noise is more than likely the culprit. ICE hides a lot of things.
Sponsored