Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just Made our first road trip and visited several Electrify America stations. Now I know it is early Spring but was very hot in the sun handling the numerous issues with the DC fast charging. Why are this not placed where there is some shade or relief? Summer is around the corner and I can imagine some hot experiences with charging away from home. And what about rain? No cover for any station I have found.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just Made our first road trip and visited several Electrify America stations. Now I know it is early Spring but was very hot in the sun handling the numerous issues with the DC fast charging. Why are this not placed where there is some shade or relief? Summer is around the corner and I can imagine some hot experiences with charging away from home. And what about rain? No cover for any station I have found.
I've seen photos of some charging stations with shade but have not seen any myself. I'm sure it's a cost issue as well as wanting to minimize the construction footprint. Come summer, shade would be great.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
I've seen photos of some charging stations with shade but have not seen any myself. I'm sure it's a cost issue as well as wanting to minimize the construction footprint. Come summer, shade would be great.
Like these?

Maybe not obvious, but these are all solar panels

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging Station Shade 3D13D274-EC8B-43F1-816A-D5DBC94A8EDA

Last edited:

Deleted member 3569

... also they should have window washing paraphernalia as well. The best EA charging station was in Newcastle, DE right in a WAWA gas station, they had something like 6 of them, two 350 kWH ... and they had curb food service delivered to your parked vehicle while charging!
Sponsored