Doors not consistently propping fully open

Mach-DB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. My rear door does not pop out like the rest of them do. The rest pop open about 3 inches upon pressing open button, just enough for fingers to get behind to pull door open. My driver side rear door makes a pop sound, but only projects out a millimeter or two...not a enough to gey hands behind to pull open. I literally have to open drivers door and push door open from inside.
It is only designed to open about three inches. Like another poster has said, once it pops open that amount the door plunger/actuator keeps it from closing so fingers won't get smashed. Reach into that opening and then pull the door open. That is how it was designed.
Sponsored

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. My rear door does not pop out like the rest of them do. The rest pop open about 3 inches upon pressing open button, just enough for fingers to get behind to pull door open. My driver side rear door makes a pop sound, but only projects out a millimeter or two...not a enough to gey hands behind to pull open. I literally have to open drivers door and push door open from inside.
With that millimeter or two opening, can the door get closed without being fully open first? Maybe the plungers don't work at all and need to be serviced?

OP
OP

Sabbaspar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
My thought is that this particular door has a problem and needs servicing for sure

With that millimeter or two opening, can the door get closed without being fully open first? Maybe the plungers don't work at all and need to be serviced?
Vx

OP
OP

Sabbaspar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Mine is a bit different. Usually it works fine, but occasionally it doesn't respond at all until I've pushed it several times with my finger.
Yeah that's another annoyance. It's a cool feature just needs fine tuning
Sponsored