Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Mostly for my Indiana friends, INDOT has released the first draft of their charging rollout with federal funds. It's still a ways out from implementation but they are accepting input still. I really just want to be able to drive my car to Fort Wayne and Evansville which are currently EV blackholes on both the route and arrival.

https://www.in.gov/indot/files/INDOT-EV-Deployment-Plan_DRAFT_7-20-22.pdf
Sponsored

LS61303

First Name
LeeSonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E 4EXT Premium, Yamaha FZ07
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Mostly for my Indiana friends, INDOT has released the first draft of their charging rollout with federal funds. It's still a ways out from implementation but they are accepting input still. I really just want to be able to drive my car to Fort Wayne and Evansville which are currently EV blackholes on both the route and arrival.

https://www.in.gov/indot/files/INDOT-EV-Deployment-Plan_DRAFT_7-20-22.pdf
A lot to read but some good plans of action it seems like. I agree with you big time, I took a trip from South Bend to Indianapolis last month and there is not a single fast charger along US31..... What are we doin here IN lol. Had to go out of my way to Lafayette and hit an EA DCFC, then head back east to 31. Not ideal. We could use 4-6 EA stations in Kokomo at the least.

OP
OP
imstriker

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
A lot to read but some good plans of action it seems like. I agree with you big time, I took a trip from South Bend to Indianapolis last month and there is not a single fast charger along US31..... What are we doin here IN lol. Had to go out of my way to Lafayette and hit an EA DCFC, then head back east to 31. Not ideal. We could use 4-6 EA stations in Kokomo at the least.
Figure 17 is pretty promising. It looks like they are planning to fill a lot of the gaps (including Kokomo) with the VW funding. Those will happen sooner at least.

Heading up your way is one of the rare places around I feel comfortable when we go on hockey trips.

Last edited:

Glen Boise

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There is free Level 2 service in Kokomo in the 2 downtown parking garages. They should show up in Plugshare.com. They may not help much for long distance travel. On the other hand, it would give you an opportunity to visit downtown Kokomo and try out one of our restaurants.
Hopefully, the proposed VW service will be DCFC and not Level 2 like the Plan seems to imply will be used in many locations. The listing in the InDOT Plan does not indicate the level of service. Kokomo is supposed to get a Stellantis/SDK(?) battery plant in the next couple of years. it would be a shame if they were short changed with just Level 2 service.

OP
OP
imstriker

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Didn't know about the level 2 chargers, thanks for sharing. Honestly I have not been to Kokomo since they built the bypass. Seems like a good excuse for a road trip. I've been meaning to come check out Kokomo Glass sometime anyway.
Sponsored