Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So I took the kids to school and drove into work today without any issue, about a 35 mile trip. On the way driving back home I started to hear a creaking sound coming from around my steering wheel area. I'm pretty sensitive to oddities in the car, so it was driving me NUTS!

Once I got to my kids school I started to look around more and discovered that the driver display housing seems like its coming apart. If I run my finger down the top of it the far right side to about half way is pretty tight. From about the halfway mark all the way over to the right I can feel a gap under my finger. With very little pressure its making the noise that I believe I'm hearing while driving. My car is garaged and has a WeatherTech windshield shade when ever its not. So the only time it gets direct sun is when driving. I don't know what else would had caused the display to start doing this.

Anyone run into this? Also, is this something that would fall under warranty (I have the extended plan as well)?? I also have an issue with the area on the headliner where the lights and sunglass case are. It also makes a noise when driving down the street, pushing up on it a little makes it stop so its something not tight. Its been doing it from day one, but its gotten a lot more frequent and louder. Starting to feel like I'm driving a Tesla :eek:

Video of what I'm experiencing.

Sponsored

gafear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I think Ford did it on purpose to harmonize with the buzzing noise

bballpirate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
So I took the kids to school and drove into work today without any issue, about a 35 mile trip. On the way driving back home I started to hear a creaking sound coming from around my steering wheel area. I'm pretty sensitive to oddities in the car, so it was driving me NUTS!

Once I got to my kids school I started to look around more and discovered that the driver display housing seems like its coming apart. If I run my finger down the top of it the far right side to about half way is pretty tight. From about the halfway mark all the way over to the right I can feel a gap under my finger. With very little pressure its making the noise that I believe I'm hearing while driving. My car is garaged and has a WeatherTech windshield shade when ever its not. So the only time it gets direct sun is when driving. I don't know what else would had caused the display to start doing this.

Anyone run into this? Also, is this something that would fall under warranty (I have the extended plan as well)?? I also have an issue with the area on the headliner where the lights and sunglass case are. It also makes a noise when driving down the street, pushing up on it a little makes it stop so its something not tight. Its been doing it from day one, but its gotten a lot more frequent and louder. Starting to feel like I'm driving a Tesla :eek:

Video of what I'm experiencing.

I’m having the same two rattling issues as you. It started about two weeks ago. Doesn’t happen often though and only hear it when I am not listening to music. It seems to happen only over certain bumps. My instrument cluster housing only creaks on the right corner when I press on it. The left side does not creak. I didn’t notice how cheap that housing was until I started looking for the rattle. Between the buzzing and the cheap housing, they definitely tried to save a few bucks on that part.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
A $4.99 tube of bathtub caulk (in black) will fix it.

OP
OP
Kabish

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Doesn’t happen often though and only hear it when I am not listening to music. It seems to happen only over certain bumps. My instrument cluster housing only creaks on the right corner when I press on it. The left side does not creak.
Ya, sounds very similar to what I'm having. Although I can hear it clean as day even with the radio turned to 15. I am very sensitive when it comes to odd sounds around me for whatever reason. Mine also was making the noise pretty much on any street that was not smooth and flat. Any type of bumps or "waves" in the street and it made the noise, its pretty frequent with SoCal streets.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Add it to the list of things to have tge dealer look at when you bring it in.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Mine has started doing the same thing. Anyone know what the fix is? I'm booked in for it to be looked at.

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
Sponsored