First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium, 2022 KIA EV6 GT Line RWD
Country flag
Which car do you like better?
Oh my. That's a very hard question to be honest with you. There's a lot of pros and cons between both vehicles. If you'd like to have more dialogue, feel free to DM?

Long story short,

Tech better on EV6. Range better. Mach E is much faster and drives nicer. But I'd give a lot better detailed answers than this.
Sponsored

MrClean

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
428i, X1, Mach-e GTPE on order
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Oh my. That's a very hard question to be honest with you. There's a lot of pros and cons between both vehicles. If you'd like to have more dialogue, feel free to DM?

Long story short,

Tech better on EV6. Range better. Mach E is much faster and drives nicer. But I'd give a lot better detailed answers than this.
If you had to keep one? I’ve had my EV6 GTL AWD for a couple of months, and my Mach-e GTPE just arrived at the dealer yesterday. What would you do, particularly when framed in the context of what the IRS might say to me selling one of them. If I prefer the Kia, the turnaround on the Ford would be eyebrow raising quick.

Craigeddy111

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium, 2022 KIA EV6 GT Line RWD
Country flag
If you had to keep one? I’ve had my EV6 GTL AWD for a couple of months, and my Mach-e GTPE just arrived at the dealer yesterday. What would you do, particularly when framed in the context of what the IRS might say to me selling one of them. If I prefer the Kia, the turnaround on the Ford would be eyebrow raising quick.
I mean, anything IRS related is one of those "consult a professional" things. I will just give my opinion, but at the end of the day, I'd reach out to someone licensed who could handle an audit if ever occurring.

I think (in the case of the tax question), I would look at the similarities and differences in the cars. You could always state the fact of that you really liked the Mach E better. If you're getting a GTPE, unfortunately I doubt you could argue you are getting a "cheaper" EV. But there's nothing wrong in saying, "I had driven the car XXXX amount of miles, and I really liked it. But when this vehicle became available, I honestly just fell in love with it and wanted to buy it."

The IRS is mainly concerned if you are looking to make a profit out of it...to be honest (and I won't point names out), there have been users on the threads that have OPENLY stated they are buying their sixth (or other ridiculous amount) MME and resold the others to cash out on the tax credit (which is absolutely absurd, a waste of time, and probably a lot of other better ways to game the tax system lol).

Do what your heart desires and get whatever you think is best for you and what you really like. Make sure you have records of the odometer readings showing you drove around the EV6, and if you are very un-easy, consult a tax rep to help you out. In what would I do, I was prepared to sell my EV6 for my MME if my fiance didn't want it. So if you love the GTPE and want it, go for it. Just don't flaunt around how you can't wait to game the system, and again, if you have a tax rep, give them a call and talk to them.

MrClean

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Of course - I completely understand, and I was not asking for advice regarding the IRS, haha. I was just saying, if you choose only one, having owned them both, what would it be? I thought it would be easier to just walk away from this car after all the BS all of us January builds have gone through waiting for our cars (this is why I bought the Kia, which I *really* like), but when the dealer calls to say “it’s here”…. My GTPE was supposed to be here in late February but got stuck in chip-hold hell. We've all watched in frustration as cars ordered months after ours sailed down the assembly line, onto trains and into driveways while our build weeks languished in a holding lot.

I will likely have a 10-minute test drive to judge before having to actually commit to buying the car. It would be very easy to be initially dazzled. The emotional jolt you get when sitting behind the wheel of a brand new car like this for the first time may fade when you later discover the little things that bug you. You are in a unique position, since perhaps some of the bloom is off either of these roses. Thanks so much for any consideration - this is very helpful.

Last edited:

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
People must be really well off to be able to buy 6-10+ EVs and have enough taxable income to get the credit for all of them :)

MrClean

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Never mind - I let the car go. It was a hell of a deal, too.
Sponsored