Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
My turn. Or my first turn. (This post inspired by @AlpaChino)

One year ago today the Mrs. and I took a one way rental (ICE Mustang EcoBoost) from Northern New York over to Montpelier, Vermont to pickup her Mustang Mach-E. We had test driven our local dealer’s mannequin a few weeks before and it was THE car. We hadn’t found anything else that checked all our boxes. After a fairly exhaustive search, we found a red one (her requirement) in Vermont and we were off.

Now here we are one year and 17,500 miles later. The car really has been just what we needed. We’ve only been on one road trip and even that didn’t leave New York. A total of about 600 over a few days. The car has probably been fast charged a total of 8 times. It’s been to the dealership a couple of times for a “Speed Sign recognition not available” message which they were unable to fix but eventually an update resolved the problem anyway. There are software quirks Occassionally, but there is nothing that interferes with the joy of driving or the extreme usability of our sexy little electric crossover.

Getting it home with a decent coating of road salt.
Ford Mustang Mach-E First 1st Anniversary Update B3CC0AD9-2136-4F94-9B53-F1E2A1B2B512

Once I fell in love with it myself it was time to find my own and we decided on a his/hers opposites theme. So it was time to start a couple mods. She isn’t into flashy but there were a few things she wanted done. Mainly the stripes. But that required some detailing/polishing before we added stripes. So I went to work with the buffer and polishing compounds. I also added a couple coats of Chemical Guys HydroSlick. Very happy with the results.
Ford Mustang Mach-E First 1st Anniversary Update D6FC8F5B-E7EB-43EA-AB71-61C4597DB49F

While waiting on the stripes to arrive, I went ahead and painted her calipers. Not flashy. She didn’t want red. My calipers are red so to maintain the opposites effect, I painted her calipers black. Probably didn’t need to, but I figured it would also offer some corrosion protection.
Ford Mustang Mach-E First 1st Anniversary Update C7C32CD2-5913-45B1-9EBD-3521DF138948

(Photo also highlights that she inherited my OEM wheels mounted with new GoodYear Winter Commander tires giving her a set of dedicated snow tires. Comparing these to stock tires and to my Continental ExtremeContact All Seasons, the Winter Commanders are very nice snow tires with appropriate speed and weight ratings for our vehicles.)

Once the stripes came in we got busy laying her striping. It was a great feel good DIY project that she helped with every step of the way. A real marriage building experience, or marriage destroying if you haven’t honed your communication ability and patience with each other over the course of your marriage. (Proved our marriage is in no danger.)
Ford Mustang Mach-E First 1st Anniversary Update A7FCB0A6-0D61-401F-8536-89BCC63F8915

Since she also ferries around the kids and the dog, she wanted the black interior but compromised on the light interior in order to get one sooner. So she wanted seat covers. There was nothing available other than the Ford OEM seat covers back then so we went with those.
Ford Mustang Mach-E First 1st Anniversary Update 91B63333-24FC-4EAA-9443-5A1C8A460F88

(One year later they probably should be tightened down though we’re thinking of replacing with Wet Okole)

She did also want her marker lights and tail lights tinted so I did that with some VVIVID Smoke Tint Hex Film.
Ford Mustang Mach-E First 1st Anniversary Update 568A58E7-EF4D-4748-883D-A857CF1E31F8

Her only other “mod” has been to add the AOSK dust covers with all the ponies on them. Though in the Soccer Mom Grocery Getter, good luck seeing any of those amongst all the detritus.
Ford Mustang Mach-E First 1st Anniversary Update 1C6F5FDD-2D1E-41CF-BDD6-49A8E243F396

Last edited:

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Today's my turn.

Here it is at the dealer waiting for me to adopt it, at my aunt's house in Texas and sipping electrons at sunset on the way home from Texas.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First 1st Anniversary Update IMG_2467

DSC_0019.jpeg

DSC_0026.jpeg

IMG_2754.jpeg