Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I’ve been using mint for years and have been generally … satisfied with it. It’s not great but it sort of, kind of, accomplishes what it claims to, although intuit has been doing a great job of destroying it since their acquisition.
Anyway, mint used to be able to track Ford Credit auto loans. Until ford decided to move everything under their Byzantine single sign on system (the one that broke the widget, etc). Then mint stopped being able to authenticate to Ford Credit. Opened a case with mint and they said they were trying to work with Ford but that Ford was refusing to work with them to resolve the issue.
Anyway I then got a customer satisfaction survey from Ford Credit and I totally decimated them in the survey. 1 ratings across the board. In every text field, no matter what the question, I typed “fix your interface with mint!”
To my surprise, I actually got a call back from someone. They guy identified himself as being from ford and he kept apologizing for the loss of mint functionality and how it impacted me. He wouldn’t stop saying “we’re sorry that you’re not happy about this.” He also made it crystal clear that ford is well aware that the changes they’ve made broke mint interoperability and they have no plans to fix it.
Sigh, I miss the old days when mint was little more than a screen scraper 😢
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Pretty cool that Ford Credit took the time to reach out to you and let you know you they're listening, Jim.

Many years ago -- before Intuit's purchase -- I gave Mint a brief trial. I opened an account there, added a bank or two, and then shut it down within 5 minutes. :) I didn't like the lack of manual register entries or its lack of support of all of my accounts (only some of them were supported).

Now Intuit owns it. I dislike the idea of Intuit having that much info on me in a way that I imagine is similar to your distaste for voice assistants that aren't plucked from a fruit tree. Intuit is the worst part of how our American IRS is managed. (Yeah I'm joking but not completely.)

Intuit owns Mailchimp and I'm on a few lists. So I figure that's more than enough of my personal info right there.

Oddly enough, I've been using Quicken since 1996. It sucks. It's really super bad, seemingly worse each year, and I keep paying for it anyway. Haven't found a better alternative and don't want to put in the effort of creating and managing my own database. But I like that it's only connected to the Internet to the degree that I'm okay with it connecting. I can enter transactions manually and reconcile with online info in a number of ways (including the option of doing this visually, by hand).

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I’ve tried a couple of different products and haven’t found one that I like - mint, copilot, investor360, fidelity fullview. None of them really hit the target. With all of its numerous flaws, mint actually sort of comes closest, and would be tolerable if it would only link to all my accounts.
Right now, I use sort of a combination of Apple Numbers and Investor 360 to get a picture of where I stand (one or two steps away from a cardboard box over a steam grate in front of 30th street station 😕 )
Sponsored