CzarR

First Name
Vrn Kmr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
the signal provided by the blue wire is “digital”. Everything is sent unfiltered to the pac interface, where it then can be output to either digital or analog rca. The pac interface is your limiting factor. You will get 6 channels , not 6 speaker outputs.

you can then decide which speakers you want on each of those 6 channels. 99% of people will have front (L/R) , rear (L/R) a center channel (Mono) and a sub channel (also mono) .

ThIs assumes you plan to use 2 pairs of a 2-way component speaker system of your choosing ( tweeter and a mid/woofer ).
Ok, got you. Good to know.

I am thinking of taking Pac's TSOlink output(digital) to Helix V8 DSP/AMP 8 channel which will power all speakers. I will add another amp(subwoofer) and subwoofer. You think this will work.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
Ok, got you. Good to know.

I am thinking of taking Pac's TSOlink output(digital) to Helix V8 DSP/AMP 8 channel which will power all speakers. I will add another amp(subwoofer) and subwoofer. You think this will work.
Well, you have more than enough channels (10 in total). Are you planing on using one channel for every speaker ? Essentially an “active” setup and no passive crossovers for the mid/tweeter in each door?

Last edited:

CzarR

First Name
Vrn Kmr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, you have more than enough channels (10 in total). Are you planing on using one channel for every speaker ? Essentially an “active” setup and no passive crossovers for the mid/tweeter in each door?
Yes, that is correct.

OP
OP

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
@CzarR you may want to re-read the excerpt in this thread.

“The front dash speakers are the only harness that is only in the front of the vehicle. This is due to the fact that those speakers are powered from the audio control unit that’s located in the front of the car.”

c5aa219e-3e9b-481b-8403-a32ce40a9dde-jpeg.jpg

What this means is that if you intend to run the dash (L/R) tweeter and center channel (mono) off of an aftermarket amp, you will need to either

a. Put an amp for those speakers in the front of the car .

b. Extend the 3 pairs of speaker wires to the rear of the car where your aftermarket amp would be.

CzarR

First Name
Vrn Kmr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@CzarR you may want to re-read the excerpt in this thread.

“The front dash speakers are the only harness that is only in the front of the vehicle. This is due to the fact that those speakers are powered from the audio control unit that’s located in the front of the car.”

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford factory A²B® (Automotive Audio Bus) & SYNC3 c5aa219e-3e9b-481b-8403-a32ce40a9dde-jpe

What this means is that if you intend to run the dash (L/R) tweeter and center channel (mono) off of an aftermarket amp, you will need to either

a. Put an amp for those speakers in the front of the car .

b. Extend the 3 pairs of speaker wires to the rear of the car where your aftermarket amp would be.
Yes. I would go with option (b.). Will run the wires back to where the amp is. Thanks for re-emphasizing on that.

I have two more questions

1.) Where is the Audio Control Module, is it under the dash or something. I opened it up once to reset the paak module.

2.) With the set up I am talking about will the current accessory battery hold upto 1500 watts(peak).

I did a similar setup in previous car but that was a gasoline engine with start/stop tech so I know the battery is bigger.

OP
OP

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
Yes. I would go with option (b.). Will run the wires back to where the amp is. Thanks for re-emphasizing on that.

I have two more questions

1.) Where is the Audio Control Module, is it under the dash or something. I opened it up once to reset the paak module.

2.) With the set up I am talking about will the current accessory battery hold upto 1500 watts(peak).

I did a similar setup in previous car but that was a gasoline engine with start/stop tech so I know the battery is bigger.
I really have no idea if the Mach-e can handle a 1500 peak/rms system, it hasn’t been tested.

CzarR

First Name
Vrn Kmr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Guys, is there a picture of audio control module. I want to know how to get to it in order plug in the 32 pin harness.