Ford Financing APR ...

Humblest

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium AWD ER; '21 Mini SE (EV)
Country flag
My ordered '22 MME is in production so am trying to ensure I do everything in advance. Projected delivery is March 1, but since I've been sitting at "in production" for 3 weeks I take that with a grain of salt.

Would like to compare purchase financing APR between Ford Credit and my credit union. CU publishes current rates on their web page, as does any reputable financial organization. Ford Credit does not. I understand that whatever rate is available today may not be available when I finalize the purchase; just want a comparison number. Got no answer from my dealer. Tried to chat with a Ford Credit rep, this is the answer I received from "Carol":
Ford Credit is an indirect lender, we do not set customer rates or publish any standard rates. When you enter into a contract, the rate is negotiated with the dealer. The dealer considers many factors like previous credit experience and contract details in determining the rate.​

Also this:

Because we are not direct lender, rates are handled at the dealer. This chat line is for on line application inquiries only. Please contact your dealer for asssistance.​

So I snarkily finished the chat with this:

You are just as helpful as anyone else at Ford. Thank you.​

So ... anyone willing to share any info on APR currently available from Ford Credit?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ford Credit provides the dealer with the amount of credit they will give to you. Unless you're buying with Ford's A/Z plan, or you're utilizing a Ford Credit offer with a published rate ("Zero Percent Financing"), the dealership can add up to 2.5% to the Ford rate.

That's why Ford Credit can't give you a rate. They don't have one to give.

You can see the AVAILABLE Ford Options rate if you play on the website, but again the dealer has the ability to mark it up.