Ford Options from dealer does not match webstie

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
You don't want to start with that. But when finalizing the financing, you can use the information to your advantage. He can try to screw you on financing and get nothing, or be honest and get a modest kickback. If the dealer is pushing their own bank, instead of Ford Credit, it will ALWAYS be worse than any other choice.
In this case it may not matter much because it is unlikely to find another lender to give you an APR lower than Ford Credit's 0.9%, but for my last three purchases I always had one arranged as a backstop: in one case the dealer offered a lower rate, in another the dealer offered the exact same rate - in both negotiations the dealer started off at a considerably higher rate - and for the third purchase the dealer couldn't come anywhere close so I used financing from my credit union.
Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
In this case it may not matter much because it is unlikely to find another lender to give you an APR lower than Ford Credit's 0.9%, but for my last three purchases I always had one arranged as a backstop: in one case the dealer offered a lower rate, in another the dealer offered the exact same rate - in both negotiations the dealer started off at a considerably higher rate - and for the third purchase the dealer couldn't come anywhere close so I used financing from my credit union.
My point exactly. You don't have to use it, but having financing pre-arranged as a backstop can only help.

firstford

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat
Country flag
I am really struggling with the high payments. My car is going to be here in the next month to month in a half and it is keeping me from being totally excited about the car. I'm looking at a few other vehicles now just so I have a backup option. I'm able to get almost $15,000 dollars more of a car for a lower payment, lease, and less of a down payment. Are people paying more than $650 a month with $5000 to $7500 down?
Sponsored