jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
The FordPass app is supposed to help find chargers. Does that work for anyone? I can't find any charging stations if I try to use it. It does find some near by fuel stations, so I am not certain if it doesn't work yet, or the search radius is too small even if I try to zoom out?
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It's badly written. When you zoom around, sometimes the "search here" button pops up and if you click it then it searches again in the area you have onscreen. If you zoom out and keep the initially found points in view then it may or may not give you the "search here" button. I have had limited success getting it to work right in areas where I know a charger exists.

I really hope the app built into sync4a works better, or plugshare and ABRP will be my go-tos through android auto.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I chevy app was crap when it came out, but now I love it. It does pretty well on routing you and keeping track of your charge and distance to the next charger in realtime. I just wish they could use all the realtime data out there from Plugshare and all the different charge networks. It even knew I was going to go over a mountain pass.
Also, it doesn't have all the chargers, but nobody does that as well as Plugshare.
Sponsored