Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My MME arrived on Monday 5/31, just as scheduled. My dealer, Capital Ford in Raleigh, called me and I arranged pickup at 2PM Tuesday. The car is really beautiful, Iconic Silver with light interior, premium, RWD, Std battery.
After inspecting (used the forum checklist), started paperwork. I'd noticed the green valve covers and expected a charge. There was one - $199. All else was as expected except that there was a $699 admin fee. I balked at these two items and asked about X-Plan pricing. They asked for a PIN, which I didn't know about. Since my claim for the X-Plan had to do with being a shareholder, they helped me get in touch with the correct folks at Ford to get the process started, and handled the paperwork as if I had gotten the plan. I owe them a PIN. As a result of the X-Plan, and my objections to the fees, the Admin fee was reduced to $100 and the Nitrogen fill fee was eliminated. I then checked online to see what incentives were available. Lo and behold. Still the .9% financing. So I charged a bit and financed the rest. There's a bit more to the story, but here's an example of the dealer being really easy to deal with and helping the customer achieve the desired results.
So, to the extent anyone wants the X-Plan, be sure to get the paperwork first. It'll save some headaches.
It's raining here right now, so the car (wife's) doesn't want to get wet. Will put photos on another thread.
Sponsored

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Always glad to hear about a positive experience. Still a little annoyed at the nitrogen fill cost, it just seems so, I dunno, old fashioned of a scam... But at least they took it off and worked with you on the Xplan in good faith.

I'm hoping things continue to go well for me (SilTerHar Ford in Broomfield, CO), they've been really no-nonsense so far, responsive, no ADM, accept X-plan, etc. Buying a car should be simple for both parties, no reason for it to go sour or get overly complex.