He's dead Jim! Whodunit? 12 V or HVBJB, place your bets!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Is it possible to upgrade the 12v battery for one that has a higher overall capacity and avoid these LVB issues?
Yes, but that seems silly when it just needs a software update to fix the issues.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jbooth

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit, Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
They did most of the 21P22 updates today including BCM, but they missed a few including ABS (somehow the powertrain series let them skip that one?), OBCC, and RFA. I'd also recommend getting the GSM update while you're there.
This is attempt #2 at 21P22, so those might have already been done on the first round? I'd have to look it up, Mike G posted the #1 attempt at 21P22.

HutchRed

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E premium
Country flag
Nothing useful I'm afraid.

We haven't had more electrical system drain messages since it died/modules were "reprogrammed because they weren't communicating". I would take it from that, that the electrical system drain message was a sign the car was going to strand us and suggest you should probably get it in to a dealer.

You should probably be prepared to be persistent. Ours was in for that message and they did a TSB module update, but clearly that didn't prevent a problem in the future. Related? Hard to say.

We didn't have that message for the first 6-8 months of ownership. We only had it show up after some of the early 2022 software update customer satisfaction programs. That means there was a change shortly before it showed up -- so was it an existing problem, or did it show up because of the work that was done (bad update, partially/incorrectly done updates, incompatible/untested version pairings)?

The dealer who did the work on my car was... less than transparent about things.
This sounds exactly like the issue I had a while back. They told me a bent pin from one of the hv to lv cables was bent from the factory and they were able to bend it back to make the proper connection. I don't believe them for a second but that's what they told me. I haven't had that issue since. (this was probably June or July or so)
Sponsored