Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Occupation
MD
Country flag
Well, I‘m on my first road trip very far from home and now stranded for indef period of time as dealer tries to figure out what caused my 12 V battery to die. Unlike others, I still had accessory power (could open doors etc) but I couldn’t put it into gear. The display said ”full accessory power available”, the battery light was on and the start button was flashing green. Ford Pass app said the car was in deep sleep. I had fast charged twice the day before on my way in and had used the car twice before on that day without problem. This sounds a lot like the pre-Feb 3 production cars that had an issue with the 12V dying after fast charging but my production date is April 28. Has anyone heard of this issue in post Feb 3 production cars? Does anyone have any idea what might be going on? The Ford dealer here doesn’t seem to know…
Sponsored

peoples1234

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE GB
Country flag
I’m sure I am missing something, but if the button was flashing and the car said full accessory power, then all you should have to do is put your foot on the brake and “start” the car. Doesn’t sound like a 12V battery issue to me…but I hope you get squared away.

The car will not shift if the green “READY” isn’t lit up.

OP
OP
Canadian Ponyboy
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Occupation
MD
Country flag
Right?!
Yes, I was pressing on the brake and still unable to put it in gear and odd that it felt the need to tell me “full accessory power available” - had never seen that before, while displaying the red battery light. It put itself into deep sleep for some reason… maybe time will tell.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
“Full accessory power available” is the normal message you get when pressing the start button without depressing the brake pedal.
Maybe your issue is something as simple as lack of signal from the brake pedal??? Hopefully it gets resolved quickly!

OP
OP
Canadian Ponyboy
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Occupation
MD
Country flag
“Full accessory power available” is the normal message you get when pressing the start button without depressing the brake pedal.
Maybe your issue is something as simple as lack of signal from the brake pedal??? Hopefully it gets resolved quickly!
Interesting; i wonder why it said that if the battery was dead...

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
To test @Maquis theory of the brake pedal issue, try starting the car with FordPass, then press the power button in the car. Starting the car this way doesn't require you to press the brake to turn it on to drive away.

Jimct

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Kona EV, Mustang Mach e ordered 4/8/21
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Do you have a portable jump starter? Using it might reset the AC connection. My Kona EV AC battery was completely dead one morning a couple months ago, I jump started it and it's fine ever since. The dealer tested the battery and it checked out OK, they think it just needed to reset.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Your (12V) battery wasn't dead - you were still able to open your doors.
Mine was after L2 not FC and yes you can still open the doors after the melt down messages. That gets weaker and weaker as the 12v died more and more. Almost completely dead the screen came up and finally accessed tow mode. At that point there was not ”full accessory power available”

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Right?!
Yes, I was pressing on the brake and still unable to put it in gear and odd that it felt the need to tell me “full accessory power available” - had never seen that before, while displaying the red battery light. It put itself into deep sleep for some reason… maybe time will tell.
To get a steady READY light when it is blinking in full accessory mode, you need to do 2 things at the same time: put your foot on the brake and hold it there while also pushing the Start button. Your posts do not indicate that you did that. If you had screen and unlock power, your 12V battery is likely fine. The other option is to push the Start button without your foot on the brake, and your accessory power should turn off, open the door to confirm that the screen and dash go dark. Then start the car normally: put your foot on the brake pedal and hold it there while you push (quick push and release) the START button. What you describe in your first post happened to me once during the first week I had my MME - flashing green light and no READY. I was a little more careful to hold the brake pedal down and just a quick push on the start button and it went to READY.
Sponsored